i am soo confused. my recent ex (jack) split up with me because i failed to tell him that my ex (jason) before him tried to rape me. i was devastated and dropped the case against jason because i couldnt cope and i started self harming.

i was beginning to console myself, kept telling myself that it is time to move on and just concentrate on other things. jack called me 2 nights ago and is saying that he was out of line for leaving me like that and that he is sorry.

ive been messed around soo much i dont know if i should give him another chance or not. i dont want to get hurt again but i still care about him. i am meeting him today after work to set the record straight but im worried. i love him but how can i guarantee he wont do that to me again?

should i give him a second chance?

ive been messed around soo much i dont know if i should give him another chance or not. i dont want to get hurt again but i still care about him. i am meeting him today after work to set the record straight but im worried. i love him but how can i guarantee he wont do that to me again?

should i give him a second chance?

I think giving someone a "second chance" in relationship terms has to come from your head and your heart. I've experienced this situation several times from both sides and if your heart isn't 110% into a "second chance", it really isn't a "second chance"...the emotional investment and subsequent balance in the relationship just won't be right if this isn't the case and has lead to heartbreak down the road for me and/or my ex...

Is your heart really 110% into this or do you want it to be but it just isn't?

I think giving someone a "second chance" in relationship terms has to come from your head and your heart. I've experienced this situation several times from both sides and if your heart isn't 110% into a "second chance", it really isn't a "second chance"...the emotional investment and subsequent balance in the relationship just won't be right if this isn't the case and has lead to heartbreak down the road for me and/or my ex...

Is your heart really 110% into this or do you want it to be but it just isn't?

see im not sure. im soo double minded about this. i keep weighing the pros and cons of our relationship and we did have a great relationship together. im due at work in 2 hours then im meeting him afterwards this evening.

im not going to meet him with any high hopes. im going to hear him out and see how i feel. i love him soo much but he caused me grief for leaving me when i really needed him.

see im not sure. im soo double minded about this. i keep weighing the pros and cons of our relationship and we did have a great relationship together. im due at work in 2 hours then im meeting him afterwards this evening.

im not going to meet him with any high hopes. im going to hear him out and see how i feel. i love him soo much but he caused me grief for leaving me when i really needed him.

I suggest you figure out what you really want before making a decision. Women who "didn't know what they wanted" or "didn't know how they felt" hurt me the worst...

It sounds like there is a bit of bad air between you two for the grief he caused you. Perhaps getting it all out and unloading your feelings on that matter will help you get past that situation...

And I really believe if the new relationship is to work out long term, your head and heart have to be completely in it...

I would definitely take time to think it over. In my last relationship, I gave my ex a second chance(probably more of a third or fourth chance, now that I think about it), and the minute I agreed to it I felt worse. It wasn't long after that before I ended things for good. Make sure that's what you really want before agreeing to do anything.

The question I have for you is do you? Do you think you can trust him not to run for a secound time? I can see his point at that moment though. The girl that you like starts crying and then tells you that she was allmost raped by her ex. That would make me think that I was acting like her ex and that would bother me. All though I would have called you like a day later and told you how I feel. I know that you have good judgment, just trust your hart and mind on what to do.