Survey/

I think it depends on the chemistry between two people. Sometimes it can happen right away, and other times it takes a while.

I don't really have a timeline, so i gauge it on the attraction level, and the sexual intensity between myself and the girl im dating..

Female.... obviously.

Despite current sentiments surrounding myself, I really would prefer to wait until I had some sort of emotional commitment from the other party involved.

However I have always been very selective about who I dated, usually having some kind of previous friendly relationship, and things usually probably run on a shorter timeline in those circumstances....

BUT--

at this point, I would have to say that whatever willing and disease free man makes it to my front door first is the winner...

With my first serious boyfriend, 9 months.

Second serious boyfriend, 5 months.

My fiance, he was different. We had only planned on friends with benefits at first but after talking on the phone for hours and hours every night for a few weeks, we fell in love and had sex the night we became a couple. We were only together for a short period of time the first time because my dad found out I had sex with him and forbid me from seeing him and I had to break up with him. When we got back together in April, we had sex that night. I love the guy with all my heart even though how I just put it makes me sound easy but trust me, I'm not.

By the way, I'm a female.

I'm a female. If I was into a guy and he seemed into me, I would probably wait about a month or so before I have sex because I fear getting hurt and I want to see where the relationship is going.

When I was with my ex, we waited about a month to have sex, although he wanted to have sex by the third date. I held off because I was scared about things.

Male.

I'll have sex on the first date if its what my partner wants, or I can wait until marriage. It mostly depends on what SHE wants, because when it comes to sexual appetite I'm very adaptive. What matters most is pleasing her, and if she's not comfortable with sex then I don't want to make her that way. Otherwise, I highly enjoy sex so I'll take it when its openly and readily available!

BTW, I used to have the intention of waiting until marriage for sex. Then I fell deeply in love with my ex and we got engaged. After being together for about a year, we finally caved in and had sex (which I did mostly because I thought we would be getting married later anyway). So she effectively stole my virginity and destroyed what I was working for. But instead of dwelling on how horrible it is that she did what she did, I just have fun with sex and rather enjoy my new outlook on it!

i'm a proud MALE and my name is ALLIE and i look like a GIRL. haha. okay. i'm lame.

anyway, i'm comfortable with sex when i know thats not what the relationship is based on and that the relationship would continue without a problem if sex wasn't present.

its like catch-22

I'm a female...and I don't necessarily want to wait until marriage, but I am not willing to have sex until I'm prepared to deal with any potential consequences. That means I have to be at a good place with my life in general AND be in a relationship with a guy who's committed enough to not leave me should I get pregnant.

It depends on the person. My girlfriend and I were friends for two months before we were "together" - we got really close really fast and we went on dates constantly without admitting they were dates. The relationship timeline went a little like this:

Monday - admission of mutual attraction

Tuesday - dinner date ( I brought her flowers)

Wednesday - Sex

Thursday - Sex

Friday - Sex

and so on

and so on

You get the picture.

We've been together for two and a half years now.

i'm a proud MALE and my name is ALLIE and i look like a GIRL. haha. okay. i'm lame.

anyway, i'm comfortable with sex when i know thats not what the relationship is based on and that the relationship would continue without a problem if sex wasn't present.

its like catch-22

Your a crack up, you always make me laugh