I have a make believe b/f to make my ex jealous

I am usually a very honest person, but my ex hurt me so much by getting another g/f 6 weeks after we split. For God's sake, we have 2 children together. I thought we'd end up back together after 6 yrs together. Anyway to get him jealous I decided to make up an ideal b/f. I've made him out to be quite wonderful. My ex got very jealous and said he couldn't handle the thought of me making love to anyone else. It brought tears to his eyes and he couldn't stop apologising saying he didn't realise I had gone through these feelings when he got with his g/f. I told him I was going out with 'Scott' tonight to a very expensive restaurant in a nearby suburb. I'm just wondering if I've taken it too far. How do I get out of it now? He SMS'd me 4 times tonight (at the time I said I'd be on my date) to see how things were going with me and was very worried that I was going to spend the night at my date's house. Do you think he still loves me if he reacted that way? Even though I'd never take him back, I guess I just want to feel that he still does and that I'm still attractive to men.

I really don't think u should be playing these mind games. Yes he has reacted in a very jealous way, maybe he regrets u 2 breaking up??? Maybe not. You'll have to talk to him, and tell him how u feel or this will never get solved. As for the 'other boyfriend' I really think u should stop pretending, I believe what goes around comes around and how humiliating would it be if he found out??? Just tell him u broke up, it didn't feel right, or anything, but if he finds out about this game I really feel you'll drive him away, you have two kids together so you need to get on. The key here is communication. Just tell him how u feel and what u want. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck.

P.S- and as for your name- u are not alone!!!

When people break up with us, it can leave us feeling so very rejected and angry and if we don't deal with those feelings in an appropriate manner they can manifest themselves in odd ways.

In your case, and it's quite natural, you felt rejected and wanted to "get your own back" on your ex. But I think that maybe if you had thought about it for a week or two you would have allowed time to heal a little and would not have done this. You already feel a bit of remorse because deep down you don't want him to be hurt and I think you should just leave the "scott" bf out now.

If you speak to your ex, just say that it felt too soon after him to settle into another relationship and if anything that will tug at his heart strings more than anything.

At the end of the day, you want to walk away with your pride, and look after yourself. Making people jealousy only causes ourselves to be hurt.

Well I'm not one to tell someone to lie or lie myself but, LOL lets just look at it this way, you already told him this and at first it was what you needed to make your self feel alittle better at the time. Just tell your ex that your not seeing Scott any more if he asks and forget about it, this dose not make you a bad person in any way.

At least you knew when to stop and you didn't go as fare as telling him you where going to move in or marrie the guy to make him jealous.

• 3 years later...