Bad pictures in my head

I havent had any sexual intercourse with my ex g/f for abit over a month and well.. I keep getting these pictures in my head of her sleeping with another guy and having sexual intercourses with him. I was her first and only sexual partner to this day and well a big part of the reason why she left me was because she wanted to sleep with other men. But now there isnt a day that goes by where i get an image of her sleeping with another guy and well the images of her enjoying it so much with another guy is what really gets to me, it feels like a knife being pushed into my chest. I try so hard not to think about it but it just always end up popping up in my head.

Could someone please give me some advice?

I hang around with friends all the time but its always the times where im alone (like when i go to sleeo at night) that it gets to me.

I think I know what you mean, I mean I've never had like a serious g/f, but have defintitely felt what you're feeling. I've had those types of pictures and thoughts come into my mind to a point where I feel like vomiting.

And if you haven't already, (hope this doesnt happen to you) try dreaming at night, and you're thinking/dreaming back to when everything was great with you two, then when you wake up, you think everything's great for about 30 seconds till you realize it wasn't real and everything's really the same as it was before you went to bed, and it kinda hits you hard. I dont know though, like mel said, they'll go away in time, there's not much you can do to prevent them besides trying to keep your mind elsewhere....good luck

This is pretty common. Most people have trouble getting past thoughts of what their ex may or may not be doing.

Just try to keep your mind off those thoughts and always maintain the thought that you were the best lover your ex will ever have.

Orlander

I think I know what you mean, I mean I've never had like a serious g/f, but have defintitely felt what you're feeling. I've had those types of pictures and thoughts come into my mind to a point where I feel like vomiting.

And if you haven't already, (hope this doesnt happen to you) try dreaming at night, and you're thinking/dreaming back to when everything was great with you two, then when you wake up, you think everything's great for about 30 seconds till you realize it wasn't real and everything's really the same as it was before you went to bed, and it kinda hits you hard. I dont know though, like mel said, they'll go away in time, there's not much you can do to prevent them besides trying to keep your mind elsewhere....good luck

you got me right on there... as long as im not alone long enough for me to think about it then i will be ok.. Theres this new girl that catched my eye and after tonight we were getting to know each other alot better... i must say that this help a huge amount.

Thanks for all the advice guys