Jealous Ex and the Double Standard!

So I called up my ex on Friday...and we were both shooting the s*&t and all....and the convo somehow ends up on new relationships...well, it turns out that he's been sleeping with a few girls (which, since we're broken up, I have no say in anyhow) and I just kinda laugh at it. But then we come to me and that fact that I merely dated (not slept with and he KNOWS this) another guy...and he starts getting all pissy and ends up hanging up on me. Which starts the whole cycle of him hanging up on me and me calling back repeatedly. I feel like maybe he gets a power trip out of it...and I feel like I can't help it, once it starts, it's hard to stop. Well, we did that for all of 30 mins and then I said to myself, "what the hell are you doing? He's not your boyfriend anymore, he's not your problem!!!" . And then I was fine because I left town with a girlfriend of mine and we PARTIED!! =)

Fortunately, I didn't really think of him during the weekend...but now that I'm back at work, I can't believe how stupid and immature my ex is, and why I let myself (even if it was just for a short moment this time around) get sucked back into our old fighting ways.

Well, atleast it made me realize how much I DON'T want to be with him...but I'm just wondering why is there a double standard in this type of situation? He's obviously moving on...sleeping with other girls...going to clubs and such...but gets pissed off at me for dating another guy? What the heck is going on in that messed up mind of his?

Oh i completely relate to your story. My ex did the exact same thing. He even at one point had a new girlfriend but yet was going mad at me if he heard that i had been out with a guy in the car or seen with someone in a club etc. I just couldnt understand it, he seems to enjoy telling me how much he doesnt want to be with me and doesnt love me anymore

Your best bet is to avoid speaking to your ex, i prolonged my pain and hoping that his jealousy meant that there would be a chance of us getting back together. How wrong was i, he was enjoying keeping a tag on me and preventing me getting over him. It still hurts I dont want you to go through the same thing. How long has it been since you guys split up?

It's been almost a year...and believe it or not...I thought I'd NEVER get over him....now HE'S the one that's getting all riled up about me dating someone else...and the fact that he's sleeping with other girls doesn't bother me a bit. There's just a part of me that wants to be friends with him...which is why I called him, but I don't know if it's possible with the way he's acting.

• 2 weeks later...

He might be sleeping with people like he might not be...

I know personally when I was younger I didn't love the guy and I would dump him but I didn't like to see them with someone else just because I was used to seeing them with me even if I had another relationship..

Yes it was selfish, but after going out with someone for a really long time, it's just plain weird.

He might just be pure evil and trying to make you jealous.... If you feel like that's what he is trying to do just continue acting happy (Especially since you don't want to get back with him anyways!)