hey.

I'll just make this real short... I just need to vent a little.

Anywho, I think I got hooked on coke. I've done it a few times. I'm not really easily addicted to things and I can usually control myself. I know I can control myself this time also, but it's just the constant thought of going out and blowing my money away for something I really don't need, but think I do.

I'm more mad than anything else about the fact of getting myself into this. I have a girlfriend that I love dearly and with all my heart and I just don't know why I'm where I'm at now. I'll give it a couple days and just try and get things straight with myself and make sure this doesn't become an issue before I tell her... I couldn't hurt her like that.

damnit I'm an idiot...

hey.

Anywho, I think I got hooked on coke. I've done it a few times. I'm not really easily addicted to things and I can usually control myself. I know I can control myself this time also.

Hey There Atticus,

Cocaine is very addictive drug, and as much as you would like to think that you can control yourself with it, you cannot. Often times it only takes one or two times to get hooked, and you begin to develop a dependance on it.

If you find yourself constantly thinking of using, it's already happening.

You can call an anonymous hotline to find out more about this- where are you located?

National Drug & Alcohol Treatment Hotline

800-662-HELP

Be aware of situations that reinforce using. "Friends" and locations can promote use. My coke use was limited by income, so I got hung up on cheaper stuff. Focus on the money you waste on this crap, and imagine losing your lady over some blow. It's a loser's game to think you aren't hooked. It's that fantasy that you're different from real cokeheads that'll bite you.

Despite the myth, coke lies to you quite well.

Good luck, guy.

I was luckily able to learn the evilness of the use of drugs at an early age so that now I have a hatred of them and never will use them. If you do overcome your addiction, would you please help teach others of the danger of drugs? I hate seeing people's lives runed again and again by drugs.

I think I got hooked on coke. I've done it a few times. I'm not really easily addicted to things and I can usually control myself.
you seem to be contradicting yourself. if the first two sentences are true, the third must be false. in reality, EVERYONE is easily addicted to coke. we're all the same species, atticus.

tell me, how much do you anticipate spending on white in the next year?

C,

I don't think anyone here is trying to pity addicts or paint them as victims. At least in my case, I'm trying to covince the OP that coke is dangerously addictive. I had a fling with the seductive powder and don't condone it at all.

I understand the obvious anger toward your quasi-sister-in law, but have you ever been hooked on anything?

One of my hero's woke up one day and said to himself, hey, I'm not gonna smoke any more. I'm Michael Jordan and I've never picked up a cancer stick in my life. He kicked the habit that way and this was his answer when I asked him how. And he did it without any big announcement. Anyway, it's a simple thing because it boils down to a simple choice. No.