I miss my mistress :(

Potoman

Woowwww,

I don't wanna say 2 much since I am married myself..but, you know, this is interesting. I came accross this via Google on a similar subject.

Don't wanna say 2 much but would like to talk with you if you need someone that understands and needs to talk about similar things as well..

Woowwww,

I don't wanna say 2 much since I am married myself..but, you know, this is interesting. I came accross this via Google on a similar subject.

Don't wanna say 2 much but would like to talk with you if you need someone that understands and needs to talk about similar things as well..

Ah, you might want to check the date of the last post before yours. I highly doubt that the OP (original poster) Potoman is still here reading replies to a thread he last replied 1 year and 9 months. Just a thought

Someone who cancels our dinner as we're about to walk out the door because she' d rather spend the night in bed with me. Someone who calls me just to tell me she can't stop thinking about me. Someone who is estatic when I bring her flowers, or a small gift. Someone who reponds to a hug and a kiss with a smile.

So you're looking for someone to date, not have a relationship with. I'm sure if you treated your wife as nicely as this woman, she would also treat you this way.

Exactly ! I agree 100 % ! I think this is more about you not wanting a real relationship but just to have a woman to have fun with. Maybe you should get divorced, but I think you have your own issues to sort out first.

That's just polyanna crap. My wife "deserves" nothing. There's nothing to work out. She's a verbally abusive, self centered person. I've tried everything to work it out and now I'm done. I have no interest in working it out with her.

My kids, on the other hand, do deserve a good life. I want to be with them every day since we're very close. As bad as the marriage may be, I'm in no hurry to subject them to the insecurity and stigma of divorce.

The bolded part is the true polyanna crap, as you put it.

Divorce is not a stigma.

Neither marriage nor divorce cause insecurity; that's caused by the parents (married or not)

Hmmmmm have you ever considered that your "sour faced nagging wife"

may be tired of YOUR sh** too?

Are you romantic with your WIFE?

Do you hug and kiss your WIFE?

Do you send your WIFE flowers and cards??

My guess is NO...hmm gee wonder why she is

"sour faced".

You know, that is a really good point. Often times, on television, you hear from the cheating husband or the other women. But you don't usually hear from the wives.

So, for some weird reason, I always have this image of the happy, unsuspecting wife.

But you're right. Relationships are a two way street. And she probably gets fed up having to put up with his crap. And to know that she's being tolerant, and then to find out she's being cheated on.....

Whew! That would really piss a person off.

Thanks so much for sharing that perspective.

• 2 years later...

As a kid whose parents put them in that situation- I don't think it's a good idea. My parents stayed together for me and my siblings. I really wish they hadn't.

They thought we didn't know what was going on.....we did.

They were miserable together, miserable. They didn't love each other anymore and after a while stopped trying to fake it. We constantly had to listen to their fighting, insulting each other, using us as leverage in arguments, and having to listen to each of them badmouth the other to us. I WISH they HAD gotten dirvorced because :

1. I love both my parents and wanted to see them happy

2. It was HELL going through that every day as a child

3. As an adult you feel immense guilt knowing that you put both your parents through horrible pain for YEARS and supposedly for "Your good".

4. They would have both been much happier people and BETTER parents.

5. It left me with a lot of issues of staying with partners of my own who were abusive to me, - That was my example.

6. As an adult, I felt sort of insulted that my parents thought I was too weak or too stupid to understand it or reconcile myself to it as a child. I knew what was going on, and if they asked me- I would have told them they should get divorced.

Regardless of missing your mistress- I don't think it's a good idea to stay in a bad marriage that you aren't really in your heart committed to- Children or no children. Believe me when I say- You aren't doing anyone in the situation any favors.

I'm well aware of the fantasy part. I'm pretty sure that if I moved in with her, the whole relationship would have a good chance of going to sh*t in time.

I miss having someone who loves to be with me. Someone who gives me a nice long backrub without me asking just because she knows I like it. Someone who cancels our dinner as we're about to walk out the door because she' d rather spend the night in bed with me. Someone who calls me just to tell me she can't stop thinking about me. Someone who is estatic when I bring her flowers, or a small gift. Someone who reponds to a hug and a kiss with a smile.

Compare that to the sour-faced, nagging wife ..

Your marriage is suffering from the good old "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" I also crave this at times and its only been 2 years nearly. I think this just happens. Believe me I try so hard with my SO - Soon to be wife. At the start she was just like you want. You have to try to explain what you feel to YOUR WIFE.

It angers me too that the whole honeymoon period has ended, and its very sad for me, because for me it never ends but all my relationships have been like this. Its awful, but you got to right it at home not in the arms of another woman.

Archived