long story short: i cut for like 7 years, then quit for a year, then relapsed.

ok now were all caught up. Ive started cutting again, more and more and worse and worse every time. the thing is even though i know its bad for me i dont want to stop. its like smoking, i know its hurting me but it makes me feel good. the weird thing is i rarely cut when im depressed because i feel in that situation i am addicted, its a situation im not in complete control of. i really dont want to quit but it isnt acceptable in society. i can be committed (again) to a mental hospital, thrown out of my house, lose my job, over this. but i dont want to quit what should i do?

-stitches

If you don't want to quit, then there's not much anyone here can say to help.

Have you been trying to fix any concerns in your life which might be leading you into states of depression or self injury? We'd be glad to try and help with any problems you're having or any concerns with the girl you broke up with.

yeah ive tried other things but hte ice just irritates me and the rubber bands dont help either.

i never broke up with that girl. im still afraid to. im already responsible for 3 deaths of my good friends.i dont know how much more death i can take in my life

i cant stand this girl though, she tried to cut her wrist with a soda can because i didnt say i love her when she got off the bus,o and my supposed best friend watched her and then tried making out with her. but yeah i dont know could this possibly be a factor in my cutting?

I used to cut, and I know how addictive it is. I also never wanted to stop, until i ended up getting stiches because my cut was too deep. After that, I started controlling my slef, and i don't cut since February.

I see you hang out with people who are depressed, who cut, who are incompetent. I think you have to change this, because that is a factor which makes you cut, and wanting to cut, and unable to stop. You have to look at the bright side of life, and not always to the negative. I know it's really hard to do so, but you have to try, and you have to want to change and stop cutting, without willing, then I think there is nothing you can do.

By the way, how are you responsible for three deaths?

Im sory to hear about your situation.

I would like to ask what you have done to stop yourself from doing this?

I had a friend who used to cut due to a horrible break up, it was really depressing for the people watching her slip away.

Have you tried doing these things:

-Keep a hotline number with you at all times, so when you feel like cutting, just give them a call and they will talk you out of it.

-Remove all tools you use to cut, make things harder to be accessed.

-When you feel like cutting, stop and think, whats making you cut? Avoid it by doing something else like punching a pilliow, screaming loud or going for a really long run.

-Find another way to vent, I read somewhere cutting is a way to relase pain and fustration, what if you paint, write about your feelings in a journal or talk to someone?

Do you think these could help? I hope you can conquer this, my heart really goes out to you. Keep me posted, I would like to know how you go.

stitches,

some people on here won't like my advice, but whatever. as someone who probably never will become "healthy" all i can offer you are tips on how to get away with cutting so you don't lose your job or get kicked out or put back in the hosp.

If you cut on the inside of your bottom lip it will bleed a lot, at least for the first few, and it's mostly hidden. If anyone does notice it, it'll just look like chapped lips.

Fingertips also bleed a lot, but if you've done that before and people know, they'll notice it. Otherwise, it'll probably go unnoticed.

Inside of the lip is the safest bet...talk to you soon.

stitches,

some people on here won't like my advice, but whatever. as someone who probably never will become "healthy" all i can offer you are tips on how to get away with cutting so you don't lose your job or get kicked out or put back in the hosp.

If you cut on the inside of your bottom lip it will bleed a lot, at least for the first few, and it's mostly hidden. If anyone does notice it, it'll just look like chapped lips.

Fingertips also bleed a lot, but if you've done that before and people know, they'll notice it. Otherwise, it'll probably go unnoticed.

Inside of the lip is the safest bet...talk to you soon.

That is really smart thinking i would of never thought about that, now i know a way to stay outta hosital, thank you