ok, so i just got out of a 4 year relationship (he broke up with me 2 months ago, and i still have very strong feelings for him. he is already dating someone else, and has been for over a month... nice) anyway, i was asked out last week (in a very cute way, flattering!) and we are supposed to do something on thursday evening. we have talked a fewtimes on the phone, and he seems like a really nice, genuine guy... problem is, im just not feeling it. my roommate says "its just a date.. just go have fun" and thats what i plan to do... but i just don't want him to get any wild ideas that i may want more.. i mean, one can always use friends... i just don't feel im ready to be dating, and this is torture even doing THIS. i just don't know what to do!?!?

Yeah, just be clear that you are only looking for friends.

I have a rule, called the "Its on or its not" rule. Basically, when people ask me how to tell if their date is going anywhere I tell them they will know because it just feels like its on!

But there is no harm in "friend dates", particulary if you have just broken up with your long-term boyfriend.