how do you approach a girl?

I'm interested in a girl, we met at a local charity group event.

She's a student, all by herself in this city.

We exchange contact numbers / MSN emails.

We chat few times via MSN, but I seem having problem finding a topic that will maintain the conversation longer.

I'm afraid of calling her, because I don't know what to chat.

Last week I saw her putting down a MSN nick name that she's sick, I send her an e-card, but no response from her.

I need you expert to help, how do I get her attention?

Thanks guys!

You need to know how to B.S. about anything. This is what you do... call her up and ask her to go out (don’t say "you wanna go out") say lets go hang out and don’t ask, tell her, but wait till she is not sick anymore. Don’t contact her everyday because you are not the only person she is talking to. Don’t bug her that is the best way for her to lose interest in you. Act cool like nothing matters. When you call her you don’t have to talk to her for a long time, TELL her you want to take her out. Remember you don’t know her well thereforeeee you don’t have anything to talk to her about. Also, remember one thing; YOU MUST HAVE CONFIDENCE WHEN YOU ASK HER OUT if you don’t she will smell it over the phone, girls are like that. Be CONFIDENT that is the key to asking girls out. She gave you her number, does she need to make a billboard that says "ask me out". Good luck!! you won't need it.

Safeplay brought up some very good points, of which I agree with most all of them.

Highlights:

1) Suggest that you two "hang out." Again, suggest not ask. It's the same thing, but one conveys confidence and the other seeks approval.

2) She already gave you her contact info. - this information is to be utilized. Call her on the phone, find out a few things about her. For example, "what do you like doing in your spare time?" she responds, "I like watching movies, listening to music." Then, ask questions related to her previous answer. Make this phone stuff intially short - with your main goal getting an in person meeting.

Good luck.