is this okay?

a guy i've been seeing is separated and has been for the past 2 years. he was only married a year. his wife now lives in another city and until child custody issues get settled - he legally married to her.

they have had several mediations in the past two years but might end up in court if they don't come to an agreement (involving his kiddo) in the next year.

i'm dating him. is this morally incorrect? i mean, should i tell him to hold off until he actually signs his name on the dotted line? what do most people do when legal issues are left untied for this long?

No I don't think it's morally wrong. My best friend is dating a guy in EXACTLY the same situation. I just think that you need to understand that he is under a lot of emotional stress and that you might have to sacrifice a lot of your passients when it comes to emotional issues.

But as long as you don't have a problem with him having an ex wife and a child there is not a problem I wish you the best.

~S.

Well, wouldn't this depend on your own personal moral standards?

Some people won't date those whom are not divorced, others will date them when they are still married, some see a seperation as good enough.

It does seem like though these proceedings are taking a really long time. One reason personally I would not date someone whom is separated is the toll it can take on the relationship due to proceedings, the emotional aspects of it and so on, and for me they are still "married" but I know people differ on that.