I'm considering getting my first tat. Here is the tat and here is my body.

It's a ying yang obviously, and I'm really spiritual and I really believe that there has to be bad along with good to bring balance. My friends say I sound really philosophical when I talk about it.

I was thinking of either using it as a shoulder piece or have it sit over the right pectoral muscle, or even centered so it sits under the pec's and sorta sits over the base of the sternum/solar plexus

image removed

image removed

How do you think it would look on me? I hope it doesn't look tacky. It would be awesome if some person was awesome at photoshop and photoshopped it on me so I could get a preview. I'm hoping to get it tomorrow night for my birthday.

WHo needs photoshop when you have scissors, printer, and tape.

image removed

It's just make sure it isn't visably showing with cloths on.

It's always good to have a tattoo somewhere you can cover up if you ever need to go somewhere formal like a dinner or even a job interview.

Make sure you get something you won't regret in a few years or something that won't make you cringe if you have to take your shirt off.

I know a lot of people who tattooed arm bands on their upper arm or crosses...because it looked cool, not because of personal meaning or significance. Seems pointless to me if you're going to regret it.

EDIT a ying yang obviously, and I'm really spiritual and I really believe that there has to be bad along with good to bring balance. My friends say I sound really philosophical when I talk about it.

I was thinking of either using it as a shoulder piece or have it sit over the right pectoral muscle, or even centered so it sits under the pec's and sorta sits over the base of the sternum/solar plexus

I would probably stick to either the pec or between the shoulder blades.

The small of your back wouldn't be a bad place either, if you plan on showing it to people I'm sure it would be a lot more convient to put it there. But I guess tattoos aren't really about ease of access.

I love Black Art. Very much like the design.

I have a preference for shoulder blade tats on men. But that is just me. I think either of your choices would be lovely (hot, manly, whichever you prefer lol).

All I suggest is giving it some time before going through with it. I got my one and only tat at 21. I waited 3 years before doing it. I'm very glad for that. Now at 26 I still love it.

The small of your back wouldn't be a bad place either, if you plan on showing it to people I'm sure it would be a lot more convient to put it there. But I guess tattoos aren't really about ease of access.

I would tend to avoid the small of your back unless you are female.

A round piece like that would go great on your shoulder or the shoulder blade. Lower back would be um, not so good. Depending on the size, I'd even consider the back of the neck, but it depends how visible you want it. You could also go a bit lower than the back of neck but right in the middle.....top of the spine-ish would look great. Personally I'd stay away from the pec, but thats just me. Either way, its a helluva a design and will look good anywhere.

I like it alot and think it would look great on your right pec.

The one in the middle of your chest would look a bit off to me, and right at the sternum would HURT really badly. On your chest, your not in for much pain at all.

Like here on the chest?

image removed

I think if you had it accross the back of your shoulder it'd look pretty good. without sounding a little stupid here, its because of the shape that makes it hard i think.. being a circular shape... my friend designed his and had a simpler job because the shape was random... ran accross an area you know? where as this.. needs careful deciding time *giggles*

Hmm... Here's mine as an example of a round tat between the shoulder blades. You can to whatever around it and make it a center piece... that's customizing it to you. Do you know how hard it is to take a pic of your own back? (also, remind me to clean my mirror )

image removed