do men have feelings?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or....the son-a-mamich' hits ya right where it counts...your defence system is hopeless! hopeless I tells ya!....and you melt into a puddle of openess and trust.

IF you're lucky

actually that has happened to me, now that you munchkin it. except that it was a daughter-a-mamich' and it happened to her at the same time.

yeah, we were lucky...

am i off topic? oh, "do men have feelings", right... i guess i'm not.

You're just making a generalization statement cuz of what some creeps did to you. That now I wonder about those guys that been hurt repeatly by nasty girls, they must be thinking the same thing about us I bet.

Well I have been hurt by a fair few nasty girls, it hasn't made me think that girls don't have feelings or that they're all nasty.. although I do wonder what makes them do some of the things they do. I also wonder why so many girls choose to go for jerks all the time even when someone else is there and demonstrates how much they care about them.

I must admit these days I find it hard to trust anyone but that applies to both genders.

Okay this quote was a massive generalisation but it made me laugh so here goes..

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.

So it works both ways.

I have found from my experience that every girl I have been in a LTR with, even one engagement have been much less emotional than me. They have episodes where they are emotional, but compassion and apathy are lacking and it comes accross that they just don't feel things very deeply. I know I feel things very deeply, and long to be in a relationship with someone who can also feel the same, I see a girl cry during a sad movie and wish who I was with could get past the "its just a stupid movie" mindset. I think there are men and women that bury those feelings as child-like or useless, they see it as emotional maturity, but it is seems to me that it is very limiting. Yes emotions can run too deep, they can disrupt life, but sometimes it is good to let yourself feel it strongly, it is a part of life to me that should be experienced. I really do meet the wrong women, I have dated 2 in the last 2 months have no desire to ever get married and scoff at sappy romantic things.

jumper,

You sound rational. Who let you in here?

I agree that being cynical and hardboiled is sometimes limiting.

As sarcastic as I am, I'm one of those guys with feelings, and I'm glad to be able to enjoy things.

Welcome to the monkey house!