I end up hating everyone I get to know.

Okay.. This has happened quite a few times in my life. Okay, alot. Every time I've met a guy or even just a person who could be my friend, I hated them after I got to know them. I know everyone has flaws. But in my mind I just accentuate EVERYBODY'S Except a very few people.

I'm really starting to think there's something wrong with me. There's a few guys I know right now that I absoultely can't stand being around, but if I think about it, they're not bad people.

Most people just sicken me after a while.

I used to have a teacher that was in her 30s/40s and still unmarried, and I noticed this exact same personality trait in her. Actually, we are very frighteningly alike. We never got along for obvious reasons, but anyway.

How can I stop?

I really dont want to be alone my whole life. I have no problem with it, but I dont know, it would be nice to have someone permanent with me.

Is there anything in particular that you don't like about any one of these people?

Maybe you have a valid reason for not liking the people you've so far come in contact with. I say this because I more or less have the same attitude, I dislike most people I come in contact with and hate the rest of them but that's probably because my source of contacts is quite limited. The two main types of people I seem to come in contact with are naive, unneccisarily angsty teenagers and gay men who try to hit on me while maintaining a minimum standard of grammar possible. Occasionally I meet some awesome people, but only occasionally.

I kind of feel the same way. Its not that I hate people, but I have a very hard time making friends and getting close to people. And I'm always worried about what they think of me so I don't let myself get close.

That being said, there are some people that are just going to annoy you, and some people you just don't click with. I would try not to be judgemental though. Its hard for me to do but I just put a smile on my face and be as friendly as possible and it takes a long time but i slowly start getting comfortable around friends. Once you do get closer with people it is much easier to overlook their flaws and realize what good friends they are.

i believe that the overwhelming percentage of people in this world are really cool once you get to know them. those who dislike a majority of the people they meet probably have a certain way of thinking that talking things over with a professional might shed some light on.

i don't know if that's really too abnormal. unless i am, because i don't like most people much either. i suspect a lot of people don't like eachother much, but i'm just a lot less phoney about it. and sounds like so are you. is that a bad thing? only if you're being hostile with them for no good reason. as the other poster suggested usually even though people are just damn annoying, you can find at least one good trait about almost everyone. like if they're really anal and uptight, but their good quality is that they are punctual and reliable....just for instance...

I used to feel like that. There were some people I could tolerate, but all and all I felt venom for most.

You may be angry about something and don't know (what). Most likely you are a great person, but this hostility you have is a way to keep others at bay. Not too close, if you know what I mean?

I agree with slightlybent: talking to someone neutral, like a professional, may help. You wouldn't have to keep yourself 'in check' or pretend like you actually like them. You'd have a chance to really delve into things.

I believe there are a lot of people who feel the way you do. The biggest problem with it is how unhappy and lonely these people can become.

good luck

I often feel the same way you do and I often pick apart people in my mind, exaggerating and criticizing everything about them. I realized, however, that I was super critical of other people because I am super critical of myself. For ex. I used to hate one of my roommates because she was so weak and needy, but then I realized that it was because I was scared of being seen as weak and needy myself. I felt like I had gone through tough times and worked hard to become independent and couldn't stand to see other people who didn't try to be independent too. If this at all applies to your situation, i.e. you feel like your criticisms of other people stems from your criticisms of yourself, give yourself a break and your heart will open up to others too. You may also feel like you are not in your "element." Maybe you've outgrown your social circle and wish you could meet different types of people? In that case, try to socialize with people who share your interests and you can focus less on the people and your attitude about them, and the fun that you have together.

I know how you feel. Hopefully it's just a passing thing, though. Like, all the "friends" I've ever had in my life? Didn't like 'em. I guess we just never really "clicked," you know?

It's true, there are a lot of annoying people out there. Just keep trying to meet new people and maybe you'll find one you actually get along with. (You could just be hanging out with the "wrong crowd," for lack of a better term.)