I can't help but notice there are several threads on eNotalone lately of couples who are getting back together. It seems to be mostly for females whose boyfriends ended the relationship, but are now wanting to give things a second chance.

My apologies for reverting to a cliche, since we're also been discussing lately the error of generalizations...but could there be something to that old adage "In the springtime, a young man's fancy turns to love"?

I remember when I was single, more guys would ask me for dates around this time of year.

Guys...do you get more romantic feeling around spring by any chance?

That sounds about right.

Finally after a good few months of the harsh cold and icy rain, some sun shine has decided to appear.

So everyone is generally in a better mood. Except for those who are allergic to pollen, like me ;_;

My past relationships have seemed to revolve around sessions though.

In Canada it's because hockey season is over - at least, it is if you are a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I noticed a few threads about getting back together but thought there were a few from females being the ones who wanted to try again - maybe a young woman's fancy turns to love as well?

Not me.

But that would explain why I'm having a hard time getting any action.

What would explain why you're not getting any action? That there are more guys out there right now asking women for dates (assuming there is actually something to this theory)?

What would explain why you're not getting any action? That there are more guys out there right now asking women for dates (assuming there is actually something to this theory)?

Yeah. There are less single girls (at least girls that I'm interested in) because when I find one, they've got a bf or are seeing someone.

That sounds about right.

So everyone is generally in a better mood. Except for those who are allergic to pollen, like me ;_;

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I read somewhere that shyer, introverted people suffer more from hayfever / pollen allergies than more outgoing people.

And it so describes me!

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I read somewhere that shyer, introverted people suffer more from hayfever / pollen allergies than more outgoing people.

And it so describes me!

For me it's genetic (my dad gets it almost as bad as I do) but it makes sense, you wouldn't have been exposed to as much pollen as everyone else so there's less oppurtunity to... build up a defence against it I guess. Allow your body to recognise it as a non-offensive substance.

*thinks* when it's Spring I'm horny and just want to get laid. I'll do or say almost anything...just to get laid.

But my buddies that get back together with old girlfriends or propose. It's almost always in November vs. Spring...and a Wedding follows somewhere between June and August.

In Canada it's because hockey season is over - at least, it is if you are a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I noticed a few threads about getting back together but thought there were a few from females being the ones who wanted to try again - maybe a young woman's fancy turns to love as well?

Now now no need to be bitter! You could just move down the road to OTT!

I have another theory on this. Maybe love is in the air in spring time in Canada cause its playoff season and playoffs involves a few beverages.

BEER = LOVE

I knew I was on the right track!