Update on The Using Friend issue

Hi, those who have read my dilemma on what to do re I have been minding a cat since June..here is an update

I finally decided to face it all, so I sent this email other day. i got a gf or two to help me out with it so it didnt sound wishy washy, and said how i felt about the issue.

this is what i sent

hey

I hope you are well. I have been waiting for you to discuss what you are doing about your cat. I thought you were saving up to build a cat run so you could have your cat back. I have been waiting for you to discuss this! I lost my temper and said some things that perhaps weren't the best choice of words, when what I was really trying to express was my annoyance of your behaviour regarding your cat. When I asked, and you responded with "I think we have found a solution...", I felt like perhaps you were hoping I was that solution? I'm not the local shelter, I'm doing you a favour. I said in my last response that I can't get a straight answer from you about this. And I'm still waiting! If you cant make a decision on the future of your cat, then I will.

now what do others think of this? its not blaming or accusatory, it is factual, and states where I'm coming from. anyway, this is what I got back

What an extraordinarily cruel, hostile and threatening email. I'm saddened and offended that you have stooped to this, as it has been hard to discuss this with you, considering you have not responded to me in 10 1/2 weeks. Interesting, isn't it how our stories change when we are on the back foot. I will advise you when i will collect my cat as soon as possible and apologise for the obvious inconvenience. I presume that there will no longer be a need for correspondence after this time.

i dont think it is any of the above. drama queen or what? opinions please!?

I would give her a date and time to collect the cat or she can collect it from the pound. (don't really take it to the pound though!)

Who needs a friend like that - I would agree with her comment about no further correspondence.

I agree with DN. She is 1. taking advantage of you and 2. trying to send you on a guilt trip.

But i wouldn't give her a time and date. She won't pick up then you'll have to feel like crap for taking the cat to the pound.

Find some commercial courier that will transport the cat to her place. Book it in for a time you know she'll be home. then wash your hands of her.

hey, i remember sunshine

I thought your email was good.

Sorry she's proving to be such a poor friend. I agree with the guys: time to wash your hands of her.

I know it's hard bc there is a little cat involved, who is stuck in the middle of this mess, but I thought the idea of sending the cat to her is a good one.

Otherwise, y'all could fight endlessly over the cat..she'll keep trying to use it as a pawn.