Well its been about 5 months now since i have broken up with my girlfriend and not a day goes by that i dont think of her. This is namely because i see something that instantaniously reminds me of her. This was not the original purpose of this post, but is there any advice from people who have been there (where i am at now) and how they dealt with it?

And now it comes to my main question. I have a folder on my hardrive with alot of stuff in it about my ex, pictures, poems etc etc. I never look at these, and have even taken the steps to rename the folder from her name to something completely random at the hopes of not reminding myself of her when i look at it. I promised her i would never loose these, they did mean so much to the both of us. But 5 months on... my question is, should i delete these? I know its a stupid question to most, but it means alot to me.

Thanks

Well I had pictures too like you of this one girl. Then about 5 months later also I started deleting them. Stupid GMAIL erased all my emails from her without me knowing because they suck. So I figured it was a sign I should get rid of other things. I still have reminders, but I think pictures are just bad.

Get rid of them when your ready man, when your sick and tired of thinking about her because you want to get better.

I was with my x boyfriend for three years and he was my first and only love. When we split up (although it was about three years ago), it was the hardest thing I have had to deal with.

There is no certain way that you can deal with it, you just need to get on with it and eventually it gets better.

Regarding the things you have on your computer, I would personally not delete them. I have saved things such as cards, photos and although at first I was going to get rid of them, it is nice to have them now.

I am obviously over my x now but it is something nice to have, as he was part of my life for three years.

Thank you, i will burn them off to a CD tomorrow and put them in a box... along with everything else i have that is hers. My question is... if i were to look at these later on down the track, even years, will this affect me? I know laura it doesnt affect you, but im scared it will me.

I think it all depends if they will affect you or not. You have to truly get over the relationship. I know I have alot of old pictures from previous relationships that I have held on to and I am glad that I did. I don't regret anything I have done in the past and I'm glad that I have held on to the memories of that part of my life. Sure some were super hard to look at for a while after the relationship was over but it does get easier. This one guy broke my heart so much that I couldnt bare to look at picture of him and I for probably close to a year. But after that I would just look back and remember the good times.

I agree with getting them out of your sight for the time being. Don't delete them, you might regret this in the future.