So called "Nice Guy" Syndrome

Yeah I know if it's a stranger it's one thing, but sometimes it's someone from work or something like that, and they've made it clear they like you...etc...it's kind of like trying to buy people, and I don't like that. I can afford my own coffee!

Same applies. If you sniff manipulation tactics call it. You dont have to be rude just assertive. Its not easy but If it happens once I would call it and not go out with that person if they could not repect my boundaries. Think about how much harder it will be in teh end if you play along for a while......

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I usually try to call it. like I'm not interested but they're trying to manipulate me into letting thems spend pocket change on me so I'm supposed to feel like I owe something. That's not cool.

Something else, once we were all supposed to go to a local restaurant for lunch for this woman's birthday, and this one guy said we were all gonna ride together. So no one else shows up at his car, then, he 'accidentally' got the wrong restaurant, so it ended up like I went to lunch with him, and he was raising his eyebrows at the waiter, like something was going on and it wasn't. it was really gross. I wasn't too friendly after that.

Yeah, I usually try to call it. like I'm not interested but they're trying to manipulate me into letting thems spend pocket change on me so I'm supposed to feel like I owe something. That's not cool.

Something else, once we were all supposed to go to a local restaurant for lunch for this woman's birthday, and this one guy said we were all gonna ride together. So no one else shows up at his car, then, he 'accidentally' got the wrong restaurant, so it ended up like I went to lunch with him, and he was raising his eyebrows at the waiter, like something was going on and it wasn't. it was really gross. I wasn't too friendly after that.

Hmmm so you only go for the big stuff, pocket chagne not enough for ya! Sounds like gold diggin'!

Sounds like he was a bad comedian in a bad comedy sketch!

I know but it happens, and you say no thanks, and you're trying to be polite but he's forcing you to get REAL direct with him, and it seems like it can be a no win situation.

I usually say something like "Back off Byyatch"

It's fun not being nice all the time. Why should we be polite to someone who is being a pushy jerk?!

I usually say something like "Back off Byyatch"

It's fun not being nice all the time. Why should we be polite to someone who is being a pushy jerk?!

I know you're sooo right, I do too if I'm out or something. It's easier with a stranger, than with someone who you know you have to continue to deal with. It's like they're trying to put you in a no win situation. Either way they can claim you're some awful b*tch or something.