How do you charm a guy with a big ego?

Hey, basically, there's this guy...... I've been attracted to him since we first met, and we sort of went out, but then he broke up, and now he's come back and I don't know it's as though he stiillll doesn't want to commit to me because I dont feel he's 100% there and INTO ME badly. I am on the verge of just giving up, but just thought I might ask to give it a last shot if you have any ideas; how do you charm a guy who already thinks he's hot stuff? (He has this 'player' reputation too). Although he does actually act modest and humble so he seems sweet infront of girls. Anyway, I want to make him feel THAT way about me, that I feel about him: I want to give him butterflies like he does me. So for starters I thought I'd have to do the same thing he does to me BUT then realised that wouldn't work, because he whispers sweet nothings into my ear, telling me he adores me, that I'm beautiful and makes me feel wanted etc. etc. All that flattery makes me go weak at the knees! BUT I thought if his ego is already inflating what can I do?! Guys of this type, what do I do?!

It's not so much what one girl can do, but a group of girls. If he didn't have so many girls feeding his ego already, he'd probably appreciate the little things. But there's probably nothing you can do to make him weak in the knees. I understand that you have feelings for him, but until he's no longer like that, if ever (which may never happen), it's probably not possible.

He's probably heard it all before anyway; guys like that usually have.