To Text or not to text

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is hard. But you have to tough it out or it will never get easier. Be strong and you will find that you will get over him much sooner.

Try to occupy your mind with other things- easier said than done but it does help.

yeah, I understand you can't do NC, but you can limit it! You two can stop texting each other, and when you do see each other, just be pleasant, like strangers.

I wouldn't respond to his text messages. There's nothing in them worth responding to.

If he says, "Let's get back together", that's the only message I would respond to.

Blondy

Hello your answer to moving on is the text he sent you. Would you really want to get back together with this moron? Also the reason I think you want him around as a friend is because he was your first love. It just isn't realistic you would end up wanting more. Honestly if he were dating someone else and telling you about their relationship how would you really feel?

ok. thanks grr he's just text me saying he's happy to be young free and single and he's glad we broke up. what a lovely thing to say lol!

ok. well i've deleted him from my phone. i don't really want to block him on MSN :S i'll delete him but i don't block people. we are all leaving school in may so i'd like to keep in contact with everyone you see, so i dont want to block him. but ive deleted him!

another problem is that he bought me some amazing christmas presents. he bought me a huge £30 me to you bear which has "special girlfriend" written on. obviously thats not true anymore but he said he wants me to keep it. it's currently on my bedside table but do you think it would be better for me to move it?

also, he bought me a gorgeous necklace which i used to wear everyday. i haven't worn it since we broke up but he said it was a gift and now belongs to me and i should still wear it. i just cant bring myself to. should i just put it in my memory box? that just seems a waste of £50 and it is a gorgeous necklace...

ok thank you.

another problem (lol so many it's my school parents evening next week and i happen to know that me and my parents are going to be there at the same time as him and his parents. now, i was very fond of his parents and they were of me. if i do run into them, what should i do?

Hi...I kind of feeling like I'm butting in here, because you've already gotten so much great advice and have obviously made wonderful progress.

Try not to feel too down; you've handled this in a really great way and should be proud of yourself for being strong & graceful. I know it's hard, but hang on. You seem like a really sweet, fun, and level-headed person. You'll be loved again...probably sooner than you expect.

As for running into his parents, just be yourself. They like you and they'll be very nice to you. Remember: They're parents! They've lived through the world of dating and marriage and heartache, too, and they understand as well as anyone that these things happen.

Hi...I kind of feeling like I'm butting in here, because you've already gotten so much great advice and have obviously made wonderful progress.

Try not to feel too down; you've handled this in a really great way and should be proud of yourself for being strong & graceful. I know it's hard, but hang on. You seem like a really sweet, fun, and level-headed person. You'll be loved again...probably sooner than you expect.

As for running into his parents, just be yourself. They like you and they'll be very nice to you. Remember: They're parents! They've lived through the world of dating and marriage and heartache, too, and they understand as well as anyone that these things happen.

That was a great "butt in". I agree with every word.