i feel terrible at the moment. i keep seeing this guy that i know i shouldn't.

i was his girlfriend for a while but it was never serious and now we just meet up every week or so. the thing is, is that i'm in love with the guy. i've tried to just pretend i wasn't but i can't. it's turned into an obsession his name repeats in my head literally aaall day long.

last saturday i was out with him and he started talking about a girl he met the night before which madecme feel sick and i tried my best just to act notmal but the thought of him with another girl is just...i can't even describe it. he thinks i'm seeing other people too. i'm just confused he's always texting me saying nice things like ''i'll always be there for you'' at first i thought he was using me but now he does have feelings for me. he said last saturday 'i'd say we'll always know each other'

one half of me is saying if he can meet other people that means he doesn't really like me and if he can't commit to me he's obviously not worth fussing over

but then he is everything. i've came to the conclusion that i'd rather have half of him instead of not having him at all no matter how much it hurts. i've known him for quite some time now i just wish i never met him.

am i weak because i can't let him go when i know he's not good for my mental health...

Hey there,

First, When you say " meet up" do you mean you have casual sex, no dating?

I had a friend like that a few years back myself and it hurt so much when I found out he was dating other girls--more seriously than he had ever dated me

I don't know how much you want to stay with him over getting something that is really worth having. At this time, I do think he likes you, but he doesn't respect you--or he would not even be talking to you about someone else he likes. A guy will never take a girl seriously if he doesn't respect her first. So in a sense you are digging your own grave here girl.

Yea I know, you really want him, but is he worth having if you will lose your self respect? In my book it is not worth it...nobody is. so you are working against yourself by sticking around when you know you want more.

Let's say you tell him " I don't want to see you casually anymore, I want to be with someone who is serious about me" He may not like it, but I bet you will get his respect...and in the long run you will feel better about yourself.

...And that's the key here, you feel miserable....it's not a good situation for you and you know it. hugs

when i say ''meet up'' i mean we could either just have lots of news to catch up on, he might have a problem and come to me for advice or just sex. he's not dating other girls just using them for one night stands ect.

he's such a good friend and we've been through allot he said before i'll always be there for you if your there for me. and ''you'll look after me, won't you..''

recently he gets upset if i don't text him back and he's been contacting me allot latley.

i think he's the kind of guy that will cheat no matter what so maybe the only way i can really have him is in a relationship without commitment. at least then he'll never cheat on me and i'll know what he gets up to.

i think he does have respect for me though and he wasn't exactly disrespting me by telling me about the other girls 'cause we do tell each other everything....

...if he is already getting upset cuz he misses your texts then you have more pull than you think. When you are confident enough in yourself to let go of something that is making you miserable, then you will get all the great things you deserve--possibly even from that "hard to get" guy.--- but He won't get his act together as long as there are girls that are putting up with whatever he hands out...

But, it sounds like you have already decided to give up and just accept whatever you will get. I wish you alot of luck hun, cuz I fear you will get really hurt. I hope you don't though, nobody should have to go through that...