How long does it take for a man to get over you?

Caterina

That question will never give you the answer that you want to hear. Instead of thinking how long it will take him to get over you think about how YOU can get over him. You are hurt and looking for any validation that you really did matter. You did its just that you two werent meant to be.

Start concerning yourself with your moving ahead and not his

But, thing is, he contacted me over AIM again a few days ago. I immediately signed off and told him that he couldn't see me when he asked to come over, but sometimes I can't help but think that maybe he thinks he doesn't have a chance and thats why he won't contact me again.

*sigh* I guess you are right. Didn't think this was going to happen but I am relapsing into brief moments of weaknesses that are difficult to handle. I am just so lonely. Still, they are less heavy, and also less frequent, altho still occurring.

I'm not sure whether or not Caterina is talking about her own situation or asking a general question. It's difficult in any situation to get over someone you've fallen in love with, unless, someone else you can fall in love with takes their place.

However, people fall in love quickly now a days, and act on that love even faster. While there may be nothing wrong with this it does lead to a desensitizing of society. Everything when it comes to relationships tends to be "in and out". Can true, true love be found this way. Yes. But I believe that after 3 months, a guy telling a girl he loves her is usually due to infatuation over actually deep feelings.

That being said, I believe that the longer a relationship of true love is maintained, the longer it will take to get over it.

when i love i love forever..so even when i break up with someone i never ever am over them...i still think about my 2 break ups and i wish i could make things right with both women, but everybody is different..i tend to be more of the sensitive type..so i hold on longer..i know other guys and girls that once its over they just move on and erase the memories easily..i dont know how someone can do that//i know i cant

Friendship comes before love - so many people forget this...

Often it isn't love that we fall in with someone, but lust...

Sometimes, lust can be more destructive than love when it ends, as it is a physical attraction, rather than love which is a spiritual attraction (and understanding, patient etc.)...

We never 'get over' someone, if the feeling was true and genuine (ie: real love, not lust), we simply change, we move on...