How We Met stories

I posted this before on a similar thread, and went back to cut and paste it as it was long, with some changes though to it!

I met my very significant other online.

I had dated off and on online before, and had a couple relationships from it. Thought I would try it again a few months after my last break up when I was single and "healed" again, just for fun once again and to get out there.

I went back onto the site I had always been on (lavalife) prior. Talked to a few people, met a couple, but no sparks or anyone that made me say "hey, this could go somewhere".

For fun I decided to also just put a profile up on Match for the first time...but did not want to pay a monthly fee since there are not that many on there from around here so rarely even looked at it. Sent a "wink" to this one guy whom caught my eye, and who I thought sounded fun & witty, and then thought nothing more of it.

He saw me, but also was not a paying member there so we had no way to communicate but he really liked my profile and my pics - mainly because in one of them I was on my mountain bike and covered head to toe in mud!. He was also on lavalife (I had not seen him there before though), and hoped he could find me there as it seems more popular around here. He did manage to find me on lavalife, sent me a smile immediately followed up with an email telling me that he thought a smile was just not enough and I was worth the couple bucks to try and contact me .

It was, as I wrote back, we chatted a few days online, found we had a few things in common and then he asked me out one Tuesday morning. We met that Saturday evening for pool and beer and neither of us had any expectations of it being anymore than a fun evening, maybe a new friend.

It turned out though we had a few friends & passions in common - we were both mountain bikers and had been competing in some of the same races but never met one another! So maybe we just sped fate up a bit, and would of ran into each other eventually.

Though I will admit that afternoon as I was getting ready I had a strange thought in my head that....tonight this could be the one....I had never had that happen before ever, so it was strange!

And the rest is a very happy history, present, and future. We knew within the first few minutes we wanted to see one another again, and then again, and again. We both knew very early on we wanted to be exclusive, but both of us tried to play cool - that did not work long!

We live together now, are looking at houses together, and we are amazing together. He is very supportive of me going back to school in the fall, and has been incredible to me through my mum's illness. We have a blast together as we are both very passionate about the outdoors, and about fitness, and cycling and "real camping" and can share that together. Nothing better then spending a few days paddling, or cycling, in the outdoors, and cuddling in the tent at night...love it.

He knows me so well, and is incredibly generous with his love, patient with my quirks, loves to see me smile, and my best friend. We both have agreed we plan on being together for a very, very, very long time.....though due to me needing student loans & having to be single to get them the wedding bells are a ways off!

I honestly never knew how respectful, relaxed, comfortable, patient, kind, fun, amazing love could truly be until I met him.

I met my boyfriend in a bar. I never in a million years thought I would meet anyone worth dating in a bar, but I did. Actually his uncle tried to pick me up first and I was just being nice and talking to him a little bit. Then his friend came on to me and actually kissed me (totally surprised me, I pulled away, cause I'm not in the habit of randomly kissing people in bars). Then his friend actually ended up having sex in the bathroom with my friend. So I sat and talked with the other two guys and at the end of the night, one of the guys asked me for my number and gave me his. He never called but did see me out at the same bar a couple days later. Orignally we decided to just be friends and sleep together (stupid I know) but then like 4 months later I was like are you going to be my boyfriend or what? And he was like yeah. And we've been together as bf and gf for about 3 months and couldn't be happier. We always joke that the story of us meeting would be great to tell the grandchildren someday! Even though the whole thing went against my idea of how a relationship should start, it all still worked out!

I just had to post...I love telling my story...

I am now going on 8 months with my current boyfriend. We met in December 2004 when I was desperate for a job and applied at the local drugstore. He was the manager. (So yes, I'm now dating my ex-boss! - I'll be 20 in July and he'll be 26 in October) So I got the job and he was a nice enough guy but we really didn't get along. We fought alot and argued. He was my boss until June 2005 when he quit. I was only working weekends at that point because I had got a "real" job. So we exchanged email addresses, but i really had no intention of emailing him, and he told me later that he wasn't planning on emailing me. The very last time i saw him at work i joked about why he didn't email me, so a few days later he did, just to be funny and annoy me about "me" as an employee. So we emailed eachother once or twice and over the next three weeks, and then I was dying to see war of the worlds but had no one to go with, so i asked him if he wanted to come and i could catch him up on whats been going on at work (since i still worked there on weekends). So we went to the movies then decided it was still early and we were hungry and went out to eat. It was fun, nice, and very casual. I didn't think of it as a date, just hanging out (although he paid for everything...he said because it was my birthday - and it was, so i didn't think much of it). So i went to the beach for the next 4 days after that with some people and he told me to call him when i got back to tell him how it went. Then we started talking on the phone...and emailing...and we got together the next weekend and again, i just thought it was fun, casual, hanging out...and then when we went to hug goodbye he kissed my cheek! I was soo in shock and it was like, "um...okay, I guess he likes me!!" It took awhile to register, lol. So we started talking on the phone every single day and then i had to work on sunday and so we met at the big sheetz by my work and just talked out back on the patio...then we went to leave and we had our first kiss...and i have butterflies now just thinking about it...It didn't even matter that we were standing under blinding lights in the parking lot of a gas station right next to the main road...lol.

A week later we had sex. ...in his car...behind babies 'r' us...no joke.

we both lived with our parents, lol, as we do now, but after two VERY close calls of getting caught, we don't do that anymore. We barely have sex, lol (b/c nowhere TO do it), but it's okay, we don't need it to be happy...ANYWAY

That night we talked about our "exclusiveness"...a month later we went to the beach together and exchanged "i love yous" ...a month after that we were moved in together (we couldn't afford to stay where we were) ...and now almost 8 months later we're still going strong...a few "hard times" that led me to posting on this board...but i'm overdramatic and i know it.

I love that kid, and I believe that this is the beginning of "forever"!!!

hmmm... i met my current guy on craigslist, an online thing in some cities. i actually responded to two of his ads on separate occasions without knowing it was the same person, one back in october, then again in february, and i think i only responded to maybe three in total. the truth was he didn't reply to my responses, just one line responses, but i couldn't help but think WHO is this guy, so i emailed him again and was like, are you not writing me for the same reason i don't write back people who write me? they seem desperate? and it isn't totally appealng to meet people online? and he wrote back almost right away and didn't really remember my responses (probably he'd got tons of responses that he'd just deleted, that's how craigslist is), so we exchanged myspace addresses, liked each other and met a couple of days later. so we've been dating for a few weeks now and just hooked up last night for the first time, it's been really nice, i like him...

This is bitter sweet. We met at the San Diego Airport. I noticed her in line and we were both headed to vegas for the weekend. We flew Southwest so it was open seating. I went in first, and sat at the window seat. She, had a choice of seats and decided to sit in my row, with one seat between us. Aisle. We met, talked, exchanged numbers and dated for 6 months. We just broke up on monday, which was my birthday. She dumped me, saying she was too young and needed space. She was going to vegas for her 21st birthday party, i just turned 29 and i was going to a bachelor party.

I miss her and we had such a storybook meeting... Stuff you see at the movies. Wish me luck. Hopefully we'll reunite when she grows up. Our love was pretty strong....

The first time I ever saw him it was at a bonfire and he showed up with his then wife. He was so tall and cute and taken. I started dating someone I met that night actually and it turns out they were friends. I found this out when me and my bf at the time went over to his and his wife's house. She was home, he wasn't. But he got home soon after in his work clothes.. He was a painter for some construction company and believe me, I can't even describe how sexy he was. My bf and I left as he just had to get something back from him.

Then there was the party where I really met him. It was a panty party. (Remember, I said YEARS ago. None of us would ever do this now) Everyone ended up naked and we played Twister. It was down to me and him and I'll just say that I had good reason to fall...

Fast forward to a year and a half ago. We were both single this time and ran into each other at the bar. (we have some mutual friends) He was wearing this black ski cap and he made this really cute puppy dog face though I can't remember why. He gave me his number and asked for me to call him. I didn't and I wasn't going to. I really wished he had asked for my number. I thought about it for a whole month and I kept hoping I'd run into him again. Finally I got sick of it and I called up my ex, his friend, my friend too and told him to give my now bf my phone number. He called me that same night and invited me over to his place for dinner the next day. And he even cooked my favorite meal.

I used to have a friend who i worked with and now and again of a night we would talk online. One night she asked me out of the blue "are you going to blackpool tomorrow?"

I said "not as far as i know why?"

She said that she has had an online friend called mark for a long time but that he lived in our area, and that he had just told her me and my family were going to blackpool (a theme park in england) with his family. So i went and asked my parents.

They said yeah its true, and funnily enough that night i decided i would go to a club and meet with Mark who i was meeting the next day! so i wouldnt feel weird.

He came to my house, with his brother, My guy Mick

That night, we went to my pl;ace of work at the time which was a nightclub, and i really did not get on with Mick atall!! lol

Then we started talking the next few weeks and here we are, 2 and a half years later

hehe

I met this girl online. it was sort of a weird thing. i messaged her and she never responded. then the next day she messaged me back. It's been 2 months now i like how it's going. I was dating a few people before but no sparks really. With her we seemed to click right away.

I figured that since I started the post, I'd add to it..

The last guy I dated, I met by wandering into a restaurant I'd never been in before. I knew him casually from school, though had only spoken to him at any length just a week before I ran into him. Lo and behold, he's sitting there in the restaurant. It was his first time in there too! And the funny thing is, I never would have been in the restaurant if I hadn't forgotten parking money (I have to pay to park where I work) ... I had to go all the way to the bank and then wandered into that restaurant to see what kind of lunch they had.

Although it didn't work out with him, I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Woulda been a great story for the grandkids