dumped last night :(

i got dumped last night by the love of my life. im soooooo sad. i can barely breathe. he said he just wanted to be friends to which i said noooooooooo. but he said my love for him was too intense and i was too codependent on him. he said he didnt want another relationship like that. and i do love him fiercely. i wish i didnt. it causes a lot of problems. i was supposed to move to be with him this summer now my future is so bleak and empty. i wish he would come back

i got dumped last night by the love of my life. im soooooo sad. i can barely breathe. he said he just wanted to be friends to which i said noooooooooo. but he said my love for him was too intense and i was too codependent on him. he said he didnt want another relationship like that. and i do love him fiercely. i wish i didnt. it causes a lot of problems. i was supposed to move to be with him this summer now my future is so bleak and empty. i wish he would come back

(((((Ms Omaniac)))))

I am so sorry to hear about how things turned out, and I know it's hard to see anything but emptiness now, but there is a very full future ahead of you.

Don't ever regret loving with all you have, for one day you will find that you can love fully and be loved fully. When someone says your "love is too intense" for them, it means they were just not the ones ready to receive or wanting that love..for the person whom deserves it, it will be embraced and accepted.

Work on yourself, heal, love yourself...the rest will follow. When you love yourself, you will realize you deserve love for whom you are, without being needy or codependent, and you will be more ready to accept no less then what you deserve.

I'm soo sorry. You can read some of my threads about problems I've had with my bf. Here is my current one:

I am very dependent on my bf and it's causing us problems and he has even tried to break up with me, but fortunately, we didn't. I know what you're going through and how you are feeling. I'm sorry that I don't really have any advice for you. I'm sure everyone here will help you get through this.

Oh Ivy, I am so sorry about your break-up. (((hugs))) I know you really cared about him.

But as RayKay said, don't ever be ashamed or sorry about your love and devotion. I guess he was not the one for you because he did not appretiate what you had to offer. You deserve to be with someone whom will.

I know you are feeling icky now but know you can turn to us for support and encouragement. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

(((big hugs)))

Hello Ivy,

I'm very sorry to hear about your break up. Dumping you because your love for him was too intense sounds so mean... Some of us wish we had partners who would love us just like that. Just keep going, as tough as it may be, and you eventually will find someone who deserves your love! Your life will only be empty if you allow it to be! We are all with you...

I am so sorry about that, at least you can change yourself. Well, I highly recommond you to get this book called Bonds that make us Free by terry warner. Healing your relationship and coming to yourself. It helps a lot! For next 1 month, do not contact your ex and start to focus on yourself. Like start with working out, and get in touch with your old friends who you haven't spoken to in ages. Do not ever make an effort to call your ex. If he calls you, thats great. Keep your conversation really short and end the conversation with kindness. Say things like, Hi, how are you? I'm sorry I can't talk now since I'm busy with something at the moment. Have a nice day then hang up. [with a happy tone]

What you need to do now is go out and have fun, act like you are 100% happy without him. [Do not give him a bad attidue" or act like you are jealous if he is talking or going out with a different girl] Hang out with your family and go do shoppings with them. Ask your sibilngs or friends if they are interested to learn how to do ice skate, etc. Find something you are interested in that you didn't get a chance to try. (A new hobby or something like that) When you run into your ex again later, he might ask you what you have been doing. You can say you have been busy with a new hobby, and other things. It is a good thing because he will be saying to himself like oh wow she's moving on and learning about new thinigs. That's cool(it shows that you are getting more independent)

I'm pretty sure that he will realize what he is missing out when he finds out that you are moving on too fast. I warn you, he might want you back. You can live WITHOUT him, because you are the only person who can make yourself happy not him. It is ok to love and care alot, but it is you who can change what you are now.

Another book you should get is "It is called a breakup because it is broken"

my heart goes out to you as well. I'm in the same boat.

i feel crushed, losted, hurt, I miss her so much. as i think it was raykay who said it, they are not ready to receive your love...i was completely devoted to my ex, but the mistrusty and jealousy and her past relationship mistakes never were resolved. I'll always hold her in my heart.

i miss her so much.

i think she is dating again.

it hurts.

i too dreamed of a future. we talked about how no one has ever gotten each other like we have and we have intense passion.

now she doesnt want to talk to me.

i'm trying to move on, trying to date, but no one sparks my interest. i feel as if a part of me is dead inside, numb.

but if we somehow did get back together, thigns would be the same. we briefly got back together and it was more of the same.

make sure you spend lots of time with your friends. have them as a support system. it will help you tremendously.

*big hugs*

pm me if you need anything. that goes for the rest of the board

we are all in the same boat, feeling dejected, lonely, rejected. but we also deserved to be loved in the way we want to. the universe works in strange ways, sometimes you dont get what you want, you get what you need