My colleague bullies me

Lost - that is funny. I laughed mao. I think you offered really good advice, the first time too.

I don't know that the rules of the society in the UK are too terribly different Midgi, but it seems like either she is jealous of the attention you took away from her or she is threatened by your performance being recognized as better.

Either way - you may need help from above. If management was there and witnessed her harassment of you and did nothing, that is not good. Sounds like a lot of people are intimidated by her. Someone has to put her in her place.

In the US, we are not allowed to be drunk at work. Maybe she has issues with alcohol if she can't control what she says to people and "that's just how she talks when she's drunk."

Maybe you can't SUE her per se, but you SHOULD be able to document her harassment, keep a log of it, gather witness "testimony" and tell your boss's, boss's boss. Someone somewhere will take you seriously and address her issues. They are hers - not yours.

[quote name=Ta_ree_saw

In the US, we are not allowed to be drunk at work.]

Unfortunately you aren't allowed to be drunk at work in the UK either!!!

This woman is a bully and I can guarantee that even if she seems popular she isn't, everyone else is just scared of her. I was on the receiving end of a similar thing at school once and the only way I finally put this girl in her place was to stand up to her in front of everyone else. I really hope that your manager can sort this out for you. Keep us posted!

This morning another colleague of mine told me, that our office manager took her by side and asked her what was said last monday. (This colleage is on my side and witnessed everything)

What i think my manager is trying to do is get other witnesses, and then confront the evil colleague, without mentioning anything I said.

I am glad I got forward an said something. And even if it goes wrong, at least I stood up and took one for the team. Had I not said anything, I would on a daily basis have to remember what a coward I am. Now I feel I regained some of my dignity!

And she will continue bullying others if nodbody tells her when to stop.

How about peeing in her coffee?

or

Wait for her in a dark alley, and use a tazer on her.

or

Knock her out with some chloroform, then shave her bald.

Other than managment intervention, your only other recourse is to steal office supplies then find another job.

lost in my thoughts?!!! that is so extreme!

Now that you've got management involved it should all go well. BUT, if it doesn't and this woman continues picking on you get GANGSTA!!!!! on her.

Jobs are great and important but your 22 this is your first job but definitely not your last. So what if u lose this job, unless your living paycheck to paychek u should be able to find a new one. I personally would start looking for other possible employment just in case.

I once had something similar happen to me at work, my BOSS bullied everyone and when i got there tried it on me. I however soon explained to him that if he ever spoke to me in a disrespectful manner i would rip his head off and puke inside right before i took his stupid looking tie and hung him from his genitals as the office pinata =). Needless to say he didn't so much as squeak back at me. Left soon after, I'm still waiting for my recommendation letter =)

My point is lifes short do u wanna spend it as a lion or as a rat. Paycheck doesn't mean they pay you to stay in check.

• 2 weeks later...