girls that flirt but then reject you

ellis

I'm curious but why do girls sometimes flirt a lot with

someone but then when you actually ask them to do

something like go to a holiday party at work or something

mostly harmless (not a actual date or anything) they turn you

down. There's a girl that seemed to be flirting with

me (I didn't do much to her) and this happened.

Lots of people just see flirting as fun. Flirting with someone does not necesarily mean you want to be with that person or have a relationship with them.

Flirting is just another in a long list of social interactions. Try not to read to much into it. Just have fun with it.

She did, but it took a long time for her to talk to me. I talked to her

before that point...

In that case she's either:

1. Not interested in you, and you've gotten the wrong impression

2. She wants you, but is too shy to take the next step.

Best thing for you to do, is keep talking with her as you normally did, then in a week or so, ask if she would like to grab a coffee with you, or see a movie..

That'll let her know your still interested, and it'll give you a better idea if she's interested.

Flipping this around a bit. I'm a very shy guy. I don't ask girls on dates, get nervous in the situation. Yet, for some reason I am flirty. It's not cause I'm trying. It's because I naturally have the tendency to be nice and compliment people and to make light hearted jokes. Much of them can be taken as flirting. I never know its going to happen until its out of my mouth. So if a guy can be like that, I would think a girl can. It's an extension of there personality, doesn't necessarily mean they are interested in you.

Think you have to someone discern between obvious intentionally flirting and casually being friendly that can be taken as flirting but isn't intended. Not sure how to do that though.

As others have mentioned there are people out there who just like to flirt, it makes them feel good to know that another person is showing interest in them. Flirting does not give any indication that a person likes you or is even interested. If I were you then I would look at her actions, that way you can determine if she is actually interested in more than just flirting.