A News Story....

I read online this story this morning....talk about getting "even"...lol

An anonymous gift-giver, apparently depressed over a lost love, left a $15,000 diamond engagement ring in somebody's else's unlocked car in a commuter parking lot.

The ring came in a box topped with a white bow and accompanied by a note, which read: "Merry Christmas. Thank you for leaving your car door unlocked. Instead of stealing your car I gave you a present. Hopefully this will land in the hands of someone you love, for my love is gone now. Merry Christmas to you."

A 37-year-old Northborough man found the three-diamond, white gold ring on the seat of his car, which he had parked at the MBTA train station in Westborough on Dec. 7, The MetroWest Daily News of Framingham reported Thursday.

He called police to report the find four days later, after he had the ring appraised.

"This appears to be random, but we don't really know," said police Lt. Paul Donnelly.

Police declined to identify the man. A police report said he had decided to keep the ring.

Wow....I guess everyone deals with things differently, huh??? LOL

NO HOPE!!! I'm In Florida....where it's WARM!!! (LOL Sorry couln't resist!)

I read that this morning...apparently news travels SLOWLY down here!!lol

The story is kinda sad thogh isn't it? The person who left the ring must have been either...totally heartless and vindictive....OR completely devastated, to do what they did with that ring!!

Yeah, I saw that on link removed this morning, too.

Can't help but wonder the story behind it. Did she not love him? Did she cheat on him? Was he more serious about the relationship than she was? Did she die?

Then, I had this thought:

Ummmm....might it be someone here OR someone who's going to show up here?