How many do it without a condom but with pill

cal_014

me and my girl hav never ever been with anyone else and havn't even had anyone go under our pants with anyone else so i think we're both pretty safe. We both havn't had anything wrong with our selves down there so yeh i was only interested to find out anyway.

Well I do, but only because my partner and I are in a long term, monogamous relationship, are clean, get regular health checkups, and are in a position that should there be a pill failure, we would be able to handle it at this stage in our life.

I would not be doing it if was more casual, or not someone I could see having a child with one day, or if I was much younger.

GUILTY AS CAN BE!! hahaha...my boyfriend was a virgin when I met him 2+ years ago- we started having sex about 5 mos into the relationship and I immidiately went on BCP!

I am also NOT a fan of condoms, but you have to be sure to be VERY RESPSONSIBLE about taking your pill at the right times etc etc.

a minor slip back can cost you a lot.

but yea we have sex without condoms, I love the pill quite honestly!

It is true, condoms totally suck and ruin the feeling. BUT...

if you start having sex and start it with the use of condoms and find you can enjoy sex with condoms, I would stay with condoms.

Cause once you have sex without a condom it is so hard to go back.

So if your used to using a condom, I would stick with it cause its a wise choice, otherwise, while some condoms are better than others, most generally suck, like having sex through shower curtain or something like that. Just not the same.

I hope that everyone who does not use condoms with their partners have all been tested for every STD under the sun and that their partners have as well, and recently.

People this day and age seem to think they are invincible and that it will never happen to them.... until they find out they have herpes (no cure!) or HIV (no cure!), Hepatitis C (no cure!), or HPV, which can cause cervical cancer. That is just a few of the many STDs out there. Syphillis, for example, can go undetected and then get into your brain and cause brain damage. Scary, isn't it?

I have had several patients with HIV and or AIDS who all said they did not think it would happen to them. Guess what? It can.

Many STD's carry no outward symptoms and yet can still ruin your fertility, be passed to you partners, and in the case of HIV, will kill you, and with Hep C, can also kill you. Your partner may not even know that they have and STD until it's too late.

Is it really worth the risk? Trust me, you are NOT invincible, and as good as it may feel now, how will it feel if you find out you have and STD?

This is all aside from the fact that the pill when used with 100% accuracy (and ladies, how many of us take it the exact same time every day without fail?) has a 98-99% effective rate. That means 1 out of every 100 users who are perfect about taking the pill still get pregnant. That's a fair number of people.

How many are out on their own with degrees and stable careers and monogamous, stable relationships that have discussed the possibility and are ready to take on such a responsibility should it happen? ( I saw RayKay, and I think she was the only one who pointed that out). How many would have to turn to their parents for help? Welfare? Support of others?

There are almost 40 million people in the world right now with AIDS. Despite education, and the knowledge to prevent it, many more are infected every day. That's just AIDS, not the many other forms of STDs.

I just want you all to be informed and to know that you are putting yourselves at risk and to be careful and take the measures to protect yourselves.

Trust me, herpes lesions on your gentials or chlamydia or gonorrhea disharge is not sexy. Genital warts are not sexy.

Condoms are provided free at more Planned Parenthood and Healthquarters clinics, so cost should not be a problem. There are free HIV clinics available in the U.S., look into them. If you are outside the U.S., contact your local hospitals and find out where you can be tested. Planned parenthood also screens for STDs, as does Healthquarters, and most are subsidized to help those who can not afford it to test themselves.

Please, protect yourselves.

*gets off soapbox*