what about the next one?

I was dumped by my gf of 2and1/2 yrs about 4 months ago and i havent talked to her in 3months.I was in love with this girl for about 2yrs before we even got together.ive been in 2 other long term relationships and never new what love really was till i fell for my current ex.i still think about her all day long and i cant help but think she was the one and i blew it.worse yet is i know i will never love like that again.I dont think i believe in true love anymore.I was so sure she was the one.I felt it in the deepest depths of my soul.And evidentaly i was wrong the whole time.how can i trust my self again?let alone women?any advice?

Andy, the same thing happened to me. I was so sure she was the one until she left me for someone else a little over a month ago. I was so sure I'd even bought an engagement ring, my mom was sure, her family was sure... Apparently she's the only one who didn't. Much like you, I can't bring myself to believe that there even is such a thing as the "right one". Maybe all we can do is find someone we get along with and have things in common with and who is willing to commit to the relationship in the same way we are. True love, soul mates... I used to believe in it, but now... I think it's all crap.