Expecting Holiday Ex-Contact??

Hi Just wondering,

I broke up with my ex over two months ago - N/C for 2 weeks now - feeling a lot better. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wondering why I haven't sent him a text/email/phone call etc. already. Anyway, I'm totally not planning on calling him around Thanksgiving or in the immediate future for tht matter and I take satisfaction knowing he thinks I would be the one to make "the call" but won't. I know I shouldn't but there's a part of me that believes he would call me during this next week and I was wondering what everyone else was thinking. Are you all thinking they might call you during this time?? I hope everyone stays stong during this difficult time!

Oh yeah, that is why I posted my own ex/holiday thread on here yesterday. My ex and I did NC initiated by me back in the summer, recently began talking about 3 wks ago, have seen each other twice to eat out, and have talked on the phone a # of times. I already made plans to go out of state for T-giving, but I still wondered if I was going to be invited to her family's house, since Im still close to them. They would love to have me, but with her Im not sure. She is a poker faced, closed off type person. I doubt she would ask me but I still felt so conflicted yesterday I posted my own thing here. I guess its natural to feel sad or empty, wondering if they miss you, etc. Just try to keep surrounding yourself with the people who have helped carry you through the hard times, the NC times, and try to enjoy who you do have in your life and all the other blessings. Remember the important things. Our free will. The fact we are (hopefully) physically healthy and have our minds and can laugh and have fun. I will miss her next Thursday but there will be a space in my heart......but Im going on and will eat alot, laugh alot, and enjoy my time off from work! I hope everyone else does the same!

Why do you care? Seriously, dont expect them to call b/c if you do and they dont, you will feel 10x worse. I dont expect anything from my ex anymore. You dont need their call to make you feel better. You dont need anything from them. You need you to make you happy and that is it. I know its hard, but keep saying it to yourself, you dont need them.