wow! this was unexpected! but what now...

hammo

I've posted recently about a girl i liked in my "does she like me now" post.

Well, through a friend i found out some information that would explain everything. So i was right and even tho she basically did reject me three times, it turns out that she does like me

The reason she didn't say so is because she is going soon overseas for a six-month holiday and she thought there's no point in starting anything, because she'll be away for a long time.

This took me by surprise. But what do i do? She doesn't know i know.

I really like her and i would quite gladly wait for her for six months, but is it a good idea to talk to her about it? Could it be that she's afraid she'd miss me or something?

i don't want to lose contact with her, or have her come back and decide she does'nt like me anymore. She does want to keep in touch because she's asked for my e-mail so she can talk to me while she's away.

What do i do?

Leave her alone until she gets back, then take it from there. She obviously doesn't want a relationship before she leaves if she rejected you 3 times, and that's if she really wants a relationship with you at all. Who cares if you are fine with it, apparently she is not. Respect that.

Totally agreed.

Oh, she told everyone she's going on holiday (she's not moving, just going away for six months), she made it known to everyone.

Some new stuff has happened, basically a conversation we had led up to me asking her about wether this new-found knowledge is true (i know you guys said to leave it, but it seemed to make sense at the time). It was thru text once again, she seems to be avoiding any encounters with me where we might be alone, but she still talks through text almost every day, usually intiating the conversation. She said that it's partially true, that she was undecided for a little while as to wether she liked me, but the answer is no, but she probably did owe me an explanation ( referring to the study thing from my previous post i think, she seemed to feel guilty about making it seem like it might involve more than just studying) . (She didn't actually say that she did'nt like me, just that it's not true, although i doubt that means anything).

She really sounded like she was sorry to have to reject me and wanted to make sure i would be alright.

I also found out from another friend that she was undecided because she likes another guy. I'm guessing that she just picked him over me, but just like with me she's not saying anything because she's going away.

She said she's really sorry. I told her "i'd rather have the cold hard truth than nothing and that it's alright". She then said that "it's really nice how i don't push a point and that guys who won't leave you alone are dumb." She said it's an "Admirable quality". In response i said that i'm still hopoeful she'll change her mind one day.

We then agreed that this won't in any way change the fact that we're still friends. I think she really does want to at least be friends cos she texted me less than 24 hours later to just have our usual conversation about what we both did today.She said that she does want to stay in touch thru e-mail when shes away. I'm probably going to leave things till she gets back from her holiday. I still have a few other girls to chase after, it's just that she's on the top of my "wish list"

It's just that i can't help the feeling that if she got to know me more she'd change her mind. i mean, we've never met alone outside of school so she doesn't know me all that well, but by the sounds of things she wants to stay friends when she gets back, so no doubt she will get to know me then, and this guy she likes is known for never being single for long and i don't think anything will happen between them after she gets back.

Question: do you guys think that she likes me but won't say so because she likes another guy more? For the girls: if you're unsure as to wether you like a guy, do u really make up your mind just like that, or do i still have hope here?

Question: do you guys think that she likes me but won't say so because she likes another guy more?

No. She isn't interested. I know that's not what you want to hear and your track history on here seems to be that you will believe what you want rather than what we tell you, but the bottom line with all that I know about situations like this: She isn't interested.