Calling all shorties! And those interested to hear.

Hasie

OK, now that I have your attention. No offence to anyone - that was just a joke. Infact I'm short too.

However, I've noticed many people around me, and members are often worried about their height and the way it affects their attraction chances.

The most recent one is here:

I personally believe yes, we are at an disadvantage being short but often, in the long run we stand out a lot more because it's not about looks, for anything to work in a long term relationship, you can't fall for someone's looks. We realise (and if you don't, hear this that if we're disadvantaged, how are we going to break even again? Well we work on our personalities and that's what counts. Anyone can have good looks, good looks can be fake and surgery. But how fake can personality be, can you be fake for your whole life? It's not like looks, looks is so fragile and surface level. How can you love someone's looks if they're changing everyday? You probably can't, it's the personality right?

Now what I'm really getting into here is, I want to hear all about your experiences (preferably positive) if you ARE short. If not then the experiences where you've seen a short person (or even unattractive to demonstrate personality) with a hottie. Are YOU attractive to a short person? are you cRAzY about a short person?

Spill it all here:

Alternatively you can have your say on short/tall, looks etc.

Hasie

Ahhhh something I can relate to. I am 6 foot 3. I have always been real tall. I can tell you that only one girl in my whole life who I had hooked up with even approached by height and she was like 5'1". Every other one was shorter and 5 foot tall was my shorts. Let me tell you it's weird but what can you do? lol.

I'm 5'9 and my boyfriend is 6'2, so we're pretty tall people. I can't say that I've ever really been attracted to men shorter than me, as it just feels better to stand next to a taller guy.

I used to be somewhat self-conscious of my height, but I've really come to accept and even prefer it.

I am 6'5 and a good percentage of girls that show their immediate interest are short and upon talking to them, the main motivation for talking to me was my height. This is just the nature of the beast when you are tall. I have a preference for tall girls but I have dated shorter ones. I dont like to go below 5'6 thats my limit otherwise their are issues that I dont like to deal with.

LOL I find this thread so funny, you all say that you are short but not one of you is below 5ft!

I'm 4'8, how's THAT for short? (and no, before anyone asks I'm not a dwarf - just extremely short) However far from having difficulty getting boyfriends etc I never had any trouble in the slightest.

The tallest I have dated is 6'5 and the shortest 5'1 - who is now my husband.

Prior to meeting my husband, height was never a factor where dating was concerned I just didn't care about it. As an insecure teen I probably gravitated towards much taller men as I fet they could understand how I felt as a tiny person in society where nobody can ever speak to you without pointing out your height or in my case how short you are;

'You're really short!

-'No! really? I thought I was 6'5 thanks so much for telling me.'

This still irriates me to this day although it rarely happens these days as I am much more confident and nobody would dare say anything so ridiculous. How many of us would go up to an overweight person and say;

'Gosh you're really fat aren't you? Not many I don't think. But then apparently its okay to point out someone's height as if it were a flaw but its RUDE to point out any other flaw (weight, looks) isn't it?

Since meeting my husband who is only five inches taller than me I don't think I could ever date a tall guy again, it would just feel too weird.

Im 5 feet tall, I love it. have dated a guy 6'2 and my boyfriend now is 5'5. I don't think I can date really tall guys anymore. I just feel better when I can see eye to eye with someone intead of looking at their chest... Tall guys don't make me feel protected anymore than a shorter guy does. Anyways, from my experience (true experience) is that short guys are well hung compared to tall guys lol. The height makes it seem that a short guy is small and a tall guy is big, which is untrue. But thats just my experience lol

HEY guys! THanks for all your responses...

Twinkle: I'm glad you like being short, now that's the right attitue!

Tired man: Now what happened to finding that "female friend"? Apart from that, did them being short make much of a difference to how they acted or how the relationship went?

Supereyes: Now that's something different, someone with the possibility of not liking to be tall and being self conscious? Or am I reading you wrong?

Sheyda: Hey that's a noticeable difference in size. Does it make you anymore insecure knowing you're short? are yo happy with your height?

Day_walker: Now your response fits with that, at first glace, taller people have the advantage

Roofergirl: Hey that cuts don't it? Long time ago when I was in high school, I was rejected a dance by a girl I wasn't even interested in coz she said "it feels funny coz you're shorter than me" and she was higher than most guys. It cuts, I got over it though. How are you about the whole ordeal now? I don't trust this guy, think he's just using height as an excuse, seems he's a bit shallow...

Amano: Com'on man, just work out, being short still has a few advantageous in fighting, you can move faster! I know coz I've been training martial arts for a long time in my life and for me, it's not about the strength, it's about the speed. I reckon heaps of short guys are 10x stronger than a lotta tall skinny guys!

Does your heigh make you insecure when you're around other attractive guys with your girl? Or are there things about yourself that you're really proud of which counteracts that feeling?

hk87: "intiate things" lol I wasn't 100% sure on what you meant by that

Dannysgirl: No, you deserve to have a say here. Below 5ft, you know what it'd be like to be short compared to all of us. lol your coverage of past conversations are entertaining and I have been through many of those. Isn't it funny everyone that when you're short people say "you're short!" and you're standing there going "oh thanx? I kinda knew that hey!"

I completely agree with you on the weight vs heigh factor, why the hell can't people shut up about height, we can't help it we're short just like the fat person can't help they're fat!

Babychristy: Ok, your resposne was great, it answered heaps of questions! Exactly what I wanted to ask "does a taller guy really make you feel safer?" I thought about it and sometimes I think, it makes you feel safer looking at people's faces and eyes rather than their body. Thus, if they're so tall, doesn't it feel a bit more distant than somewhere who's more shorter and whom you can wrap more around your arms for?

LOL you go girl! There you have it everyone,

christy says "SHORT GUYS ARE WELL HUNG!"

I love it. You win the best post in this thread!

Jessica: Very interesting theory - the most interesting one here! lol it's almost cute and funny. I like it! "I like being short because you are closer to the ground and i just feel more secure that way. You don't have very far to fall if you trip or something" How has your relationships been like?

I'm really happy to see that people are comfortable with their height, that was also something I believed I'd find by posting this thread up. I'm glad this place isn't full of depressed people (especially with their physical looks).

From what I can gather, I'm getting very limited feedback from short guy's relationship - as many say that guys are worse off than girls with height.

I'd like to see some more but hey, thanks for your contribution I'm sure the original person I posted it up for would find it reflective too!

From a general perspective I think the majority of people are more comfortable with people their height. Which would be completely natural...

You guys are great!

Hasie

Dannysgirl - The average height for women is somewhere around 5'5", so I guess anyone under that height can be classified as short. Looking at everyone around me I am definitely one of the short people and I have a lot of trouble finding clothes that fit. Petite clothes were extremely hard for me to find and in the end I found they don't fit me because my legs are long for a short girl (but not long enough to fill out average length trousers)! And I can't buy from the children's section because I have hips. I might be short in the UK, but when I went to Portugal I found that the majority of people were my height or shorter and I felt quite tall. So, it depends on where you are, as well.

Hi Sheyda - The point In was making is that there is always somebody who has it worse that you do so allthough you're under 5'5 you're a giant compared to me. Thats not to say that I'm unhappy with my height - far from it. My height is part of who I am and without it I wouldn't be me.

My husband would not have been interested in me in the first place if it weren't for my height as he has never dated anyone taller than he is - despite being a successful jockey at one time and having women of all heights throwing themselves at him!

His reason for that is because he says it is human nature for women to want to feel they are protected by their man and for the man to feel like the protector, he personally thinks he wouldn't feel like 'the protector' in the relationship if he dated someone taller than him.

Obviously thats not the ONLY reason I am happy with my height, I find it sets me apart from the crowd quite a bit and that people apart from the odd 'you're short' comment seem to treat me in a more respectful/careful manner which is something many people have told me they envy me for. I also find I get a lot of women who are of average height or taller telling me they would like to swap sizes! The other big plus is that when you are short people tend to underestimate you a lot and I find it rather amusing when this happens and I can stun people by doing something 100 times better than they thought I would be able to.

The only thing really that bothers me about being the way I am is my obvious vulnerability and physical weakness against potential predators. I tend to get a lot of perverts twice my age sexually harassing me - which is only to be expected really as they are probably thinking (despite the fact thet there is no mistaking me for a woman) 'well she is tiny - she looks young BUT she's legal' You know what I mean?

I have been very lucky up to now, a paedophile tried to abduct me when I was 16, he later served time for raping his own daughters! I've also had problems with various pervs since then but nothing serious. I can't help feeling sometimes that I'm on my ninth life and that something terrible might happen to me one day.

Hello,

Well I am about 5'7. I don't consider myself tall, more like medium height. Some days I feel short though--I think b/c I slouch more on those days maybe?

The guy I'm crushing on right now is a little shorter than me--maybe 5'5/6. And I thought it would bother me, but it doesn't. I actually didn't even think about it, until I made myself think about it (when I saw this question about height come up).

Also, like some other posters above mentioned, I think the notion about feeling "safe" with a guy comes more from how much the guy treats you than his height. If the guy respects me/treats me well, gives equal eye contact, I feel safe.

Yet ideally, I like a taller guy so I can wear heels, but I usually wear flats anyway. It doesn't bother me if I am a little taller than the guy, but if I am a lot taller than a guy then I feel a little uncomfortable.

The only thing that bothers me, I have to admit, about my crush right now is that he is a little smaller than me. I mean his build is a tad smaller than mine. I don't think I am fat, but I have hips and a butt where he has none, lol. Not that I would expect a guy to have bigger hips than I do, but do you see what I mean? Do guys care about that?

I completely agree with you on the weight vs heigh factor, why the hell can't people shut up about height, we can't help it we're short just like the fat person can't help they're fat!

Hasie

I beg to differ Hassie, most fat people CAN help being fat. A fat person can always lose weight - what can a short person do? Nothing!

However I usually find that when a fat person has a go at me for being short they usually do so out of jealousy/insecurity about their own size.

Believe me I have no qualms about giving at good as I get!

If somebody comments nastily about my height I will usually respond with 'given the choice I'd rather be pretty and petite than fat and ugly any day of the week, besides I can always wear heels what can you do about your face? You'll need more than botox to straighten that.'

That is ONLY when somebody is being nasty though, if its an innocent remark I let it go.

I was in this situation with my ex girlfriend. I'm 5' 5" and have an athletic body. She was 5' 6 1/2", 5' 7" maybe and was overweight. I can tell you we never had any problems with our sizes (she was insecure about her weight) but we were in love so that never bothered me. We were very affectionate towards one another and had a very rewarding sexual life. We were both very attracted to one another. It depends on the guy though some are ok with it others won't go for it. I consider myself open minded so I never had a problem with it. The girl I'm seeing now is 5' and is petite, so I'm open to all types of body sizes. I think it'd be difficult for me to be with anyone over 5' 8" however since I like to be able to look my woman directly in the eyes. I generally go for same height, slightly taller, or shorter and those are the types of women that come to me. But, it all depends on the person though.

just my take on height. a girl is usually supposed to be shorter than the guy, but if you're only just a few inches shorter then the girl and there is no apparent difference then everything is good to go.

i've heard from some girls that shorter guys are an absolute turn off, and it does not matter if they are amazingly good looking if they are too short. what is "too short"? well i would have to say maybe if the top of a guy's head is below a girl's eyes, i think that makes sense?

well since height is all relative, it does not necessarily ruin all your chances if your short, only if you're shorter then the girl by a good margin.

I'm about 5'3, which is pretty short for a guy, and I've had some troubles before ;o . I've never actually been turned down because of my height, but I'm sure it plays a role for alot of girls in whether or not they find me attractive. No matter how good looking I am (and believe me, I'm gorgeous ), some girls just wouldn't feel comfortable going out with a guy that is 3 or 4 inches shorter than them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 5'4 and I don't have a notable height preference. I actually used to prefer guys around 5'9 (because that was the height of my high school/college sweetheart) but the last three guys I've dated have been between 6'1 and 6'3. I think my height preference is whatever the height of my boyfriend.

I'm not short, but the last and current guy I've liked were both shorter than me (I'm about 5'8"). Previous was almost a foot shorter and it didn't detract from how much I liked him. Current is only about an inch shorter, barely noticeable.

I'm not usually attracted to guys who are much much taller than I... and I think it's because I feel insecure, or even threatened by big guys.