how much time should pass b4 i start to reminisce?

itry

just broke it off monday... doing the NC thing.. ick.. and im actually sticking to it. it was a lonnngggg 3.5yr relationship.. where i should have left the first time he kicked my ass.. buuuuuuuuttt i didnt. it took the 3rd time and a year later for me to leave...

anyways... im actually disgusted... i think about kissing him and i wanta puke and cry at the same time. ive lost almost all of my friends just from being isolated from the for so long... im too embarrassed to call anyone for "moral support" because all i will hear are the "i told u so's"

im not used to being alone. it feels weird.... i havent called him though.. and blkd emails and calls... im at a safe place... (back at mommy's)

BUT i have this weird urge to pull out old pics.. old love letters and reminisce. hello?? its only been a couple of days... is that even safe to do?? or will the emotional overload catapult me back into his awaiting fists..i mean arms?

is there EVER a safe time to reminisce in a situation like this?

i cant sleep.

Don't touch those letters or pictures! Out of sight out of mind really helps during the first few days. If there is anything that you cannot handle, put it somewhere out of sight.

The hardest thing about starting NC is thinking you are healed up when you actually aren't. I wouldn't even think of taking that stuff out until a month or so after, if that. Honestly, I wouldn't want to look at it ever again.

Take it day by day. You'll know when it's safe to look at that stuff, and by that time you probably wont ever want to see it again!

Yep don't look at them, just like a junkie trying to come down you think a little bit won't hurt. As painful as it is cold turkey seems to be the only way. Package them all up and then some day down the track have a look at them when you can, but right now all it does is help you to romantacise the relationship that you have just gotten out of.

Agree with Hawk and redandblack on the issue of looking over old letters and pics. Bad idea. You don't need anything to change your mind, when you are at such an early and fragile state (just in the early stages of intiating NC). However, I think you should start to get in touch with your friends. If they are really your friends, they will realize how hard it is for you to come to them....and even if they say, "I told you so", just take it and move on....they will provide the emotional support afterwards. Friends will support you if you seek them out. Do so.