Please help..sex is getting harder!

Hey everyone..I posted about a month ago saying I was extremely dry during sex..and a few people said it could be because I'm on the pill..which I am now certain it is after reading up on it.

I'm extremely turned on yet can't get wet at all..my man does everything right..it's frustrating to say the least for both me and my boyfriend..we've been together a year and I'm extrmely comfortable around him..yet this makes me feel like less of a woman..I don't wanna come off the pill, Its the best birth control..sex can never be spontaneous because someone needs to reach for the KY..we have lots of sensual foreplay yet I stay dry..though I feel very aroused..please, any suggestions would be great..we had no problem in the first few months but now it's awful and it gets me down. Please help.

-Charmaine

No, I've never had this problem before. But he is my first sexual partner and this is the first time I've taken the pill. It was fine for the first few months we had no problems at all then it all went downhill. I think I may ask to change my pill..though I read a story online about a woman that tried 4 different ones but always had the same problem. I don't want to come off the pill and use condoms all the time. But yes I'll consider changing pills. Thankyou.

Both KY and Astroglide make a lubricaant that is "long lasting" ...it comes in pre-filled applicator (similar to a tampon applicator) and you can use it hours beforehand- so that you don't have to interrupt sex, if doing so bothers you. Most drug stores should carry them.

BellaDonna

There is nothing wrong with using lubrication....even women who do lubricate will often use it as it can really enhance pleasure sensations as synthetic lubrication lasts longer then natural lubrication - it does not make you "less of a woman" as many times a woman in her lifetime may not be as "wet" - pregnancy, age, the pill, stress, dehydration can all alter her ability to lubricate.

You can also of course try out different pills which may or may not correct the situation. Or they may have other side effects since they may use different hormones.