I think I found an apartment

Okay I'm really having a hard time moving out. I found an apartment that's decent, feels good, but it's small. They let people paint and do things to it so I could really make it homey (minus major construction).

I'm really freaking out now though. I have NEVER LIVED ALONE. NEVER. This is a huge deal for me. I'm so scared. Plus I have to actually move. Moving sucks. I'm not even sure what to take really.

See I'm freaking out. God I hope this works out, I'm really scared. Tell me these are normal feelings.

Hi Jetta,

Im 21 and I live alone.

These feelings are normal - plus the stresses of physically moving will no doubt equal to anxiety.

Ive been there and trust me you will get through it.

I actually quite enjoy my own space now except for the massive costs!!!

Good luck... let me know if you have any questions...

x

Yeah that's one of my concerns, money. I just filled out the form. I mean if I don't like living there I move when the lease term is up. It's not the nicest place I've seen, but it's among the cheapest and it seems descent. The kitchen is tiny though. I don't know if I've ever had such a small kitchen, not that I enjoy cooking anyway but still it's a necessary evil.

I am so nervous about this whole thing.

I've lived alone for a total of 4 years. It's not so bad. You can leave your laundry on the floor, and not do the dishes, and no one will care! You can hog the bathroom all you want, play whatever music you want. There's no one to change the channel, or eat the dessert you were saving for later.

The downside... it can get lonely. That's why it's important to have a social network. Join a club or a class - just something at least 1-2 times per week so you can have social interaction. Also, get to know your neighbors.

good luck - it will be fine!

Thanks for sharing, that really helps. I ordered the U-haul. Now to secure the place. Yes I'm backwards I know.

I was having an internal debate over the place with the washer dryer, or the one that pays heat. The washer/dryer place has a bigger kitchen, and is in a nicer area, but I'm thinking the additional utilities will add up quickly and push the envelop too much. Plus I just didn't really like it. This other place pays for everything, except your laundry which you do in the laundry room and although the building is older for some reason I like it. All the people I've met were very friendly. And I really can't believe they're so totally okay with you pretty much doing your own thing there with decorating. I mean that's great. I think I'll check into a portable washer/dryer, than that fixes that part.

Just babbling because I'm getting more secure about the whole thing. At least talking myself into feeling more secure.