sex on the first date, do you still respect her?

sometimes you can just tell its not something the girl would typically do. sometimes things happen...and as long as i didnt sense she slept with everyone on the first date (and went on a lot of first dates) then i would not loose respect for her at all. plus, that would be kind of hypocritical...to loose respect for her for doing something you also did.

Um...I am a bit confused by the way you put your question accross...if he is dating you, then presumably it would have been more than one date, right?

This will vary from guy to guy. Some will say yes (personally I call that a double standard..they better lose respect for themselves then too) some say no.

I know people who have built great relationships out of dates where they slept with each other first date, and I know others whom waited months and months and ended badly. It does not either enhance or hinder the success of a relationship - in my opinion people either have the right stuff to have a great relationship or they don't.

I do advise against sleeping with someone HOPING it will become more though, or hoping he will then commit to you. If you want commitment, take your time, and discuss the issue first, establish a relationship BEFORE you sleep with someone.

I wouldnt lose respect for her but having sex with a person on the first date no way implies that its going to work out it just means that it was a lustful moment. Sex on the first date could lead to more and it could not it just depends on the people involved and what they are looking for.

I think it loses a lot of respect in a relationship, personally.

I made my boyfriend wait.... I wanted to get to know him....... he really appreciated it because it made him realize i really cared about HIM, but all about the sex.... and it showed i was serious.

just my view!

well i did sleep with my bf the first night we met. because i thought i would never see him again, because he didn't live in the same town i did. i liked him alot and we hit it off really well so because i thought i would never see him again i wanted to be with him. so we ended up having sex the first night. but now i kinda regret it because their was no romance in our relationship.

I would lose a great deal of respect and in a sense with myself too. I wouldn't put myself in a postion to have sex with a girl the first night, i will actually turn her down if she kept pushin for it. Just think about all the other guys she could have had sex with on the first date... I wouldn't consider myself lucky. ALSO, what else is there to look forward to later on with this girl. Yea okay, very niave statement and I even predict to hear people say if you REALLY like the girl then it wouldn't matter, but the fact is, it does matter and later down the road you turned something that should have been special and meant more into something that was already given on the very first date. How can you respect someone that does that?

I would say this: If this is something that concerns you then by all means wait. Its not that hard to wait and men love you for it more. Wait atleast a week or a few. If you are used to giving it up as they say, on the first night, try a week. THE LONGER YOU CAN HOLD OUT..the more he will respect you. If he is a respectable guy to begin with.

P.S.

Keep in mind, if you end up with the sour apple in the bunch, the wrong man, then it wouldnt matter if you waited 34 centuries. If he's a dog and only wants one thing then he will do what he intended to do in the beginning.

I'd lose respect for myself more so then the girl. A man should be a gentleman, not rushing into something so serious that quickly. Sleeping with someone on the first date seems so very wrong, fast, and stupid. Sex is something to save for the right time, when you really care about each other and love each other. How can you say you love each other after one night? Heck, why not just get engaged after one weekend together. That'll work perfectly.

What about just plain old Pure Lust? The sex could be explosive and the spark to a new beginning.

Yup it sure could be. The spark to a new crying, pooping, eating little cherub that'll pop out nine months later.

I recommend not to have sex with people that you don't know you'd want to raise a child with. There are always accidents and surprises.

my opinion is that it depends on what you are looking for, if i just wanted to get some action, then of course i wouldn't lose respect for her, there is nothing wrong with a booty call.

BUT, if i liked the girl more than just physically then YES, I would lose respect for her. I think sex is more than just a physical act and would want a girl to make me wait in order to get to know her. After that, then sex on every date is fine with me

What about just plain old Pure Lust? The sex could be explosive and the spark to a new beginning.

That all your after? Lust? What about love? Anything you can get from lust is so minimal compared to the spark and explosion from real love, its not even worth it.

Besides, do you really want to have to say the relationship was founded on sex and lust? Or would you rather be able to say it started out of a mutual attraction, respect, and interest in each other? Sex shouldn't be something you start a relationship with, its the cherry on the sundae when everything else is complete.

HA! LMAO at Phreck...you are so funny and so true....

no one thinks about that little tykes that come from one night stands until they are wobbling and throwing up. LOL...not to mention the labor pains. CONDOMS do break.

thanks. Even the pill is not infallible, even if you take it the way it's supposed to be. People need to respect the power of sex...the power of it to change your life.

So am I a sl*t for sleeping with this girl I met on the first night? lol I feel a little dirty, but not guilty or think any different of her ot myself. I was wooried about how I'd feel, but no more. I think it was great to be able to fill the physical need alone. Sure there are emotions involved, but if you both feel the same about it what harm can it really do? With all precautions taken, of course.