Ok my mom told me i was going to be a future pot-head. Because i like the smell and stuff and i kinda grew up around it. Well anyways i smoked a blunt with some friends last night and got high, can anyone describe the high, because last time i tried to smoke weed i had an anxiety attack and totally freaked. i just want to make sure i didnt have one last night, i had to keep my cool b/c one of my really good friends was there last night and i didnt want to look like a dumbbutt infront of her. so the question is

how is the high? what is it like?

i was relaxed i did eat, but it was like i could here in my mind all my thoughts just running through my mind so quickly. it was like i had an auctioneer voice and saying what i was thinking, ever time i would try to walk i would get dizzy. It was pleasant in the end but i didnt know what the hell happened. after the first two puffs of the joint, it was like i was really spacey i withdrew from the world, and reality. i also had a tingle sensation going on

When you are high, things are somewhat slower, you vision out a little bit and you think about things for what seems like forever. You get very hungry and thristy and you eat sooo freakin much. You get light-headed in a way and kinda dizzy but its more like your mind being lifted... to another level. YOur panic attack is not uncommon. Smoking can make you very paranoid about things and you think into them way to much. The best way to control that is to not smoke at all or at least be in a comfortable setting and don't smoke too much.

When bieng high you don't really hallucinate in a way where you see cartoons and weird stuff. You might get the feeling of being very paranoid about someone noticing you are high or you might think you might she a shadow and get paranoid thinking it could be something else. But its not a hallucintation where you just see things pop up or anything. When I'm high, my sensations are alot greater. Taste is really good so everyone eats, When you touch things it feels good, and when you hear.. it sounds like you can hear "all around you". I'm often really lazy.. and just sit around, and have unstoppable laughter. When I used to smoke, I would laugh so hard and so much that it felt my cheeks would rot off LOL. It hurt so freakin bad. Your body twitches alot when you are high. You can just be sitting there and your leg will twitch and it will do that for like every minute or so depending how high you are.

One time I was so high.. very bad with my friends, and I could feel my heart beating.. I became so paranoid because I kept thinking my heart beat was getting slower and slower, i was paranoid that my heart was going to give out.. weird stuff.. I don't smoke anymore.. it made me too lazy and it ruined alot of things in my life that mattered.. such as my grades going down, losing friends, stayed home at nights to smoke, and not feeling healthy in my life. I hope you choose to stay away from it.

All these people saying "Be careful"!! WEED IS NOT BAD! Now I would say "be careful" to cigs, coke, meth, crack, speed, really any type of pills, and even LSD or mushrooms, but WEED??

It's the only drug that no one- in the span of human history- has ever OD'd on. More than half the people in most nations of the world smoke pot or hashish, even if they won't admit it (like in this nation). Everyone's high experience is different and it changes over time once you feel more confortable being high. Just don't be scared to say no once you've had enough and Just have fun!

There shouldn't be any hallucinations- if there are then it must be laced with something, like PCP. Now that's nasty!

Just realx, have fun, pop in a really funny movie, preferably about weed- like Half Baked, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Friday, or any other funny movie. You'll have a blast!

All these people saying "Be careful"!! WEED IS NOT BAD! Now I would say "be careful" to cigs, coke, meth, crack, speed, really any type of pills, and even LSD or mushrooms, but WEED??

It's the only drug that no one- in the span of human history- has ever OD'd on. More than half the people in most nations of the world smoke pot or hashish, even if they won't admit it (like in this nation).

It sounds like you could do with some reading.

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed

There are many more, give me a PM if you would like them.

Of course anything you do too much of will have a negtive effect- do everything in moderation! Wine, weed, etc...

And the problem with the studies is that hardly any have been funded by the feds in this nation. I know may studies have been done abroad about its effects but I want to see more about this nation in terms of our living environments, etc...

The studies that have been done have been totally messed with to give the ogv. leverage so laws to legalize it will not be passed.

Of course anything you do too much of will have a negtive effect- do everything in moderation! Wine, weed, etc...

And the problem with the studies is that hardly any have been funded by the feds in this nation. I know may studies have been done abroad about its effects but I want to see more about this nation in terms of our living environments, etc...

The studies that have been done have been totally messed with to give the ogv. leverage so laws to legalize it will not be passed.

Sounds like a biased view.

Drugs are stupid all of them to me at least.Whats the point of being a slave to something?O something just to waste my money on once again.Sister comes to try to bum money off me now and she does weed.But im like hell nah not supporting that cycle of nonsense.Just my personal opinion.Why do something that controls you?Even though yes i know weed isnt clearly as bad as the rest.

It's the only drug that no one- in the span of human history- has ever OD'd on. More than half the people in most nations of the world smoke pot or hashish, even if they won't admit it (like in this nation).

Are you kidding me? That has to be one of the most ignorant statements.

Do your research. People do die off of weed, and people do get PHYSICALLY addicted to weed.

So many people may smoke it. Does that make it ok? Alcohol is a legalized drug, does that make it ok? Look at all the people that OD, DUI, die, rape, etc.

Also, examine what OD really means. If I drink alcohol and either throw up or have a headache the next morning, that is considered an overdose. With pot, people fall into comas, death, throw up, have headaches, etc.

Plus nobody goes straight to heroin or cocaine, they all started off with WEED. When they first started smoking, did they make conscious plans to one day be shooting up? I doubt it.

You rationalize until you justify that smoking weed is ok. There is tons of research out there, examine it.

Are you kidding me? That has to be one of the most ignorant statements.

Do your research. People do die off of weed, and people do get PHYSICALLY addicted to weed.

So many people may smoke it. Does that make it ok? Alcohol is a legalized drug, does that make it ok? Look at all the people that OD, DUI, die, rape, etc.

Also, examine what OD really means. If I drink alcohol and either throw up or have a headache the next morning, that is considered an overdose. With pot, people fall into comas, death, throw up, have headaches, etc.

Plus nobody goes straight to heroin or cocaine, they all started off with WEED. When they first started smoking, did they make conscious plans to one day be shooting up? I doubt it.

You rationalize until you justify that smoking weed is ok. There is tons of research out there, examine it.

"I agree.

Every. Single. Word."

I disagree, it is NOT good for you. Physically..

But yes it can make you relax, but if you are at the point where you find yourself going to the 'stash' for relaxation, you better re-think your motives. Yes, I've experimented with it, many times.. but I do not let it control my life..

My grades are A-, A+ which they never have been before, and I'm playing sports again.. So it doesn't destroy your life, and I personally know 3 different grown men that have smoked since their teens and have a great family, and great lives.

It's all in moderation, but you should read darkblue's links if you want scientific information on it.

The facts that I know, is.. you cannot O.D on dope.. you pass out way before you can even get close to fatal dosage. Due to lack of oxygen in the brain. Yes it kills brain cells, but so does holding your breath.

I'm not against/for it... I've done my research on the topic and I know the side effects, but I also know what it takes to keep your life healthy, and moderated. There's always better hobbies.

Im sorry to say this but there has been no direct links of death due to weed. But on the other hand it can mess up your nervouse system and leave you with symptoms such as skitsofrinia (have no idea how to spell it). These can cause u to do stupid thing then maybe die. And im sorry say 1 joint a month maybe more is not harmfull. It is also a non adictive drug, but you can form a psycological addiction which is different. I am not a weed user, I have only smoked it once, but you should not condone its uses all together. until you yourselves have researched it fully.

Ohh it can also have positive effects apart from the spaced out feelings. It also increases your creativity and from that some of the best poems and songs ever written were composed by people who were high, this goes with same aspect where by alot of gr8 artists are also weed users. so I have to say you who said it was a complete bad thing aslo did not consider both sides of the argument. finally just because u smoke weed does not mean u are going to move on to harder drugs, its not to do with using weed, its mainly due to your upbrining, personality and the environment you are brought up in e.g. friends.

Im sorry to say this but there has been no direct links of death due to weed. But on the other hand it can mess up your nervouse system and leave you with symptoms such as skitsofrinia (have no idea how to spell it). These can cause u to do stupid thing then maybe die. And im sorry say 1 joint a month maybe more is not harmfull. It is also a non adictive drug, but you can form a psycological addiction which is different. I am not a weed user, I have only smoked it once, but you should not condone its uses all together. until you yourselves have researched it fully.

Ohh it can also have positive effects apart from the spaced out feelings. It also increases your creativity and from that some of the best poems and songs ever written were composed by people who were high, this goes with same aspect where by alot of gr8 artists are also weed users. so I have to say you who said it was a complete bad thing aslo did not consider both sides of the argument. finally just because u smoke weed does not mean u are going to move on to harder drugs, its not to do with using weed, its mainly due to your upbrining, personality and the environment you are brought up in e.g. friends.

And he says he doesn't use drugs O.o

• 2 years later...

ok the anxiety proboly comes from not knowing whut the effects are like and your mom saying your going to be a pot head now the high if usualy a nice relaxt happy fealing and things might look kinda differant sometimes things at a distance look like a pop up book but your usualy very happy