Love after long break...is it possible? help!

Hi, I'm 19 and a college student. Last year I dated a guy for 8 months. Though I had boyfriends before him, this one was definitely my first love. We were so in love...family/friends said we were born for each other, despite the fact we were so young still. You should've seen the way he looked at me, and held me...

Anyways...a month prior to our breakup we started arguing over little things. I was away at college and struggling to fit in there, and he was stressed finishing his senior year at school. Though we were in a rut, I thought our love was strong to pull through....he thought otherwise. He dumped me, and started dating another girl two weeks later. I was devastated. We fought back and forth for weeks...thrashing out at each other. He turned into a jacka**, I went back and forth between being a b*tch and also just being utterly heartbroken and sad. It was ugly. Then we just stopped all communication.

However, he called me last week, and we met in person today. It is now 6 months after our breakup. We both have since matured and are more open minded.

My question is...do you believe it's possible to mend our broken hearts together again? 6 months is a long separation for a couple who dated for 8 months....but to be honest, I still melt at the sight of his smile, and he still laughs at my silly jokes. I feel like we understand each other so well. Our breakup was terribly messy though, and i'm afraid there might have been to much damage.

Sure you guys can get back together, it's very possible and it happens often.

What you need to do it figure out will you guys have another messy break-up after you do get back together. If you don't think so then go for it.

Hope this helps.

I had a messy break up but we ended up back together..but we talked alot about it. Open Communication is the best. Even though in the end we decided to break up for good. But if you want to give it a second chance, i think you can make it work. COMMUNICATION!!!

nicsie wrote something very, very important the word COMMUNICATION

i was with a girl for about a year and two months and we never had a clear communication between each other we just didn't understand each other so it is very, very important to communicate as much as possible but try to do that without feelens i mean when you start touching each other kissing than communication gets the wrong direction

i had a very messy break up, too with my girl it has been 6 months now, too and i don't know i have the feeling that we could get back together but she has a new bf and the bigger problem is i don't feel that she changed at all...

stillthere