How to come up to her??

Ok hey guys, me and this guy are both ready to have sex together. But i am scared of the risk of pregnancy. so my mom and i have talked about birth control for me and all this other stuff. She told me that when ever i thought i was emotionally and mentally ready to start having sex, she would rather me come to her about birth control. instead of havin unprotected sex and risk of pregnancy. She dont want me to car date with this guy, because she says that just about any guy can talk you into droppin your underwear when you car date. So i thought of saying that i am ready to start car dating and you did mention about guys wanting to do things, so i wanted to come up to you and talk about getting b.c., so when i do car date, i can reassure myself that i am not going to get pregnant. so the question is.........

how do i come up to her about it?

Car dating? Is that what they call it these days? Ok I don't see this as a problem since your Mom has already told you she prefers you come to her when you're ready. Like Sweetheart4ever says, just tell her you're "ready."

But on a more personal note? Are you really ready? Sex changes everything and I can't tell you how happy I was that I waited until I was old enough to handle the emotional ramifications. You're young and there's so many other ways you both could please each other without risking pregnancy or stds. Some people (most guys lol) can have sex and it not mean anything. But if you think you might be the kind of girl who would fall hard for your "first" and be emotionally devastated if it didn't work out, then you might want to step back and think twice about car dating.

Sex is best if it's shared with someone you'd trust with your very life. Anything less than that and you're playing hackey sack with your heart. Before you go down this path, please read a few posts in the Sex and Romance forum and think it over.

No this is a new guy that is 17 and were are really into each other. but i am not wanting to go get b.c. like right now, but later on in the relationship i would like to look into birth control

First you said, you and this guy are ready to have sex and then you said that you want to later on. Which is it? I hope you realize that at your age 17-14 is a pretty sizeable age gap. Would this make him a senior and you a freshman or something like that? I think you should be very careful and take things slowly with this guy and don't do anything until you're sure his intentions are good.

• 2 weeks later...

No - I refuse to give advice whereby the poster is not mature enough to have sex.

You know nothing of her - I have read her advice requests and come to the conclusion that she is not mature or old enough to have sex.

STD's, STI's, Pregnancy and emotional discomfort. I don't believe most 14 year olds are mature enough to even comprehend such effects.

• 3 weeks later...

No - I refuse to give advice whereby the poster is not mature enough to have sex.

You know nothing of her - I have read her advice requests and come to the conclusion that she is not mature or old enough to have sex.

STD's, STI's, Pregnancy and emotional discomfort. I don't believe most 14 year olds are mature enough to even comprehend such effects.

What would say about me then?

If she is ready to have sex then she is ready,

it is better for her to talk to her mother about it, lik that she can tell her wats best.....at least this way she will not have the chances of falling pregnant if she is on the pilll.....

What would say about me then?

If she is ready to have sex then she is ready,

it is better for her to talk to her mother about it, lik that she can tell her wats best.....at least this way she will not have the chances of falling pregnant if she is on the pilll.....

I think that you should wait a little bit more. I mean I think 14 is kinda young from my opinion. I'm 25 and when I was 14 I dind't even know much about sex.. but then again I guess things have changed, I think you should wait.. whats the rush? if you wait, that way it will be more exiting and more special.

I mean and do you think your mom would put you on birth control at 14?

Just wacth what you do.. always think twice about something you are not 100% sure about. how long have you known this guy for? I mean I don't want to say anything but if he is 17 (boys that age think about sex) is he trying to just get you into bed? don't take this the wrong way, I dont know this guy.. but its just something to think about

take care

Nina