Nausea and pregnancy

jemr

Hey there, I am only now 7 weeks pregnant and have just started to feel the nausea. I've looked on the internet for tips on how to control it but nothing works. Does anyone know what I can do to stop it? I don't deal well with nausea.

The best thing is to stick to some plain foods - things like when you have the flu that you would eat..toast, plain or with a SMALL amount of butter, saltine crackers, I find bananas are good too.

Try and eat a little something frequently, it can help dissapate that nausea.

Pre-natal vitamins can also cause it, so try lower dose ones through day, or eat them with a little something else and lots of water.

Other than that, you just need to wait it through...usually nausea in pregnancy only lasts the trimester - and some pregnancies will have it, others not...so hang in there! If it a serious issue though, talk to your doctor..I know there are some new treatments for pregnancy-related nausea.

Thank you for your help.

The only thing is that it's not what I eat that makes me nauseous. I can eat basically anything except meat. It's just that I wake up nauseous and go to bed nauseous it's always there. I was wondering if there was anything that I could do during the day (other then take a nape have a 2 year old so that's not possible) to help it because it is having an affect as to how I am with my daughter. Because I feel so sick, I don't want to do anything. It takes all that I have in me to go to the park with her.

Thank you for your help.

The only thing is that it's not what I eat that makes me nauseous. I can eat basically anything except meat. It's just that I wake up nauseous and go to bed nauseous it's always there. I was wondering if there was anything that I could do during the day (other then take a nape have a 2 year old so that's not possible) to help it because it is having an affect as to how I am with my daughter. Because I feel so sick, I don't want to do anything. It takes all that I have in me to go to the park with her.

Naw, I am not saying WATCH what you eat, just that snacking easy things will really help your tummy settle too. Waking up on an empty stomach might just exaberate it.

Were you this bad when you were pregnant with your daughter?

I don't know what else you can try other than just push through it...it is a sign your pregnancy is healthy, in a twisted way!

Thanks for the encouragement.

I had no symptoms at all with my daughter so I've never been through this I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I'll try the tip on snacking more often instead of eaten only 3 meals a day. Hopefully it will work.

I had no symptoms at all with my daughter so I've never been through this I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I'll try the tip on snacking more often instead of eaten only 3 meals a day. Hopefully it will work.

It does seem to vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. One of the old wives tales is that if it is bad morning sickness, it is probably a boy....but I have heard it the other way too...lol. I know people who had HORRIBLE first pregnancies and never wanted another, and others who fortunately had a good one first time around, and the next one was horrible..lol.

It's just a result of those darn hormones fluctuating and messing around with your body and will subside in time.

Good luck!

Hey hon, first off congrats.

Have you tried Sprite..I've heard the carbonation is good for it. Also saltine crackers. Wish I had more advice. Good luck!

My wife usually tried salty snacks and kept her tummy with something in it as much as possible. It seems an empty stomach was the worst. Try saltines, chips, etc. Something with a lot of starch and salt.

Good luck! It will get better in a few weeks

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well!! Have you tried ginger ale? Ginger is really good for quelling the quesies. Talk to your doctor too and he/she may have some other ideas. I'd also recommend checking into some alternative things, just be sure to check with your doctor first. I wish you and your baby the VERY best!!

Hi, I'm pregnant too, 15 weeks. I just got over about 7 weeks of nausea, it's definitely no fun. There didn't seem to be much I could do to stop it, but I think the advice to keep something in your stomach as much as possible is good. Don't eat too much though as that'll make it worse. Small snacks throughout the day. And follow your cravings; don't try to force yourself to eat something you don't feel like having. I found that sour candies helped me. Also the classic saltine crackers (I liked mine with cheese). Some people talked about sea-sickness wristbands that were supposed to be helpful, I couldn't get them here in Japan so I didn't try.

Have you checked out the bulletin boards at link removed? If you go to Baby Center and click on "community" at the top of the page, you'll see a link called "birth clubs". You can find women who are at the same point in their pregnancy as you, and it's nice to chat with people who are experiencing the same symptoms etc. at the same time.