10 Tips for better sleep (long read)

Source: link removed

10 tips for better sleep

By link removed

1. Stick to a schedule, and don't sleep late on weekends. If you sleep late on Saturday and Sunday morning, you'll get Sunday night insomnia. Instead, go to bed and get up at about the same time every day.

"You don't need to rely on an alarm clock to wake up when you get enough sleep," says Dr. Shepard.

...for a continuation of this article, please click link removed

I have experienced that a lot of these tips are true. I am a very bad sleeper, and I am exhausted working fulltime after just graduating uni. I am happy if I can catch 4 hours of sleep. I will just lie awake for 3 hours first, I HATE that.

I just wanted to add... for those who know insomnia by experience, DO get out of bed like recommended in the article, and watch Animal Planet

Works for me!

Ilse.

Oh yeah, one thing that I found helps in getting OUT of bed, and I've done it for the past 2 years during the school year after hearing it on the news.

WOOL SOCKS

Yes, that sounds really uncomfortable, but it helps a lot in getting out of bed in the morning, especially for those who have jobs early in the morning or if you're a student and you need to be at school early. After a week or so your feet get adjusted to the fabric, but not adjusted enough that they are something you'd wear on days where you'd sleep in. Don't know how it works, but it I found that I was more alert when I woke up in the morning if I wore wool socks to bed.

I don't wear them anymore of course since it's summer and school's out (I don't think I'll have to worry about getting up at 6:00am to go to school anymore now that college is next).