Broke up with girlfriend, can't stand seeing her move on

Hi everyone,

My g/f and I have been on again off again for sometime, but now it is over for good.

We still see each other and talk to each other a bit, but it is becoming increasingly difficult not to get jealous when she tells me about all these parties and nights out she's having, how well work is going, things she's looking forward to, all of which don't include me. She has moved on (I think...)

Me on the other hand have not and I think about her all the time and don't do anything. I just sit around hoping/waiting until she calls hoping she'll ask to see me. I want to see her but when I do, it's so hard because I get really jealous about how she has moved on and the worse thing is thinking about her with another guy.

I'm not sure its so much that I want to get back with her, but I hate that I can't move on and she has quite easily. We were together for 2 and a bit years and I still feel strongly about her.

I try and go out with friends and meet new people, but I just get depressed because I am thinking about her and what she might be doing who she might be meeting, etc.

Please help?

Oh hun,

your in a situation everyone has been in atleast once before. Coming from a female point of view, she is just trying to make things sound the absolute best they can be. We do this for many reasons, to show you we are strong, that we can go on, to make you jealous and envious of what you lost.

The truth of the matter is, although she may be going to these parties and meeting people....when she is alone she probably still cries and thinks about what you are doing.

She probably isn't moving on as easy as she is making it seem....but on the other hand maybe she has completely moved on (I know u dont want to hear this)

If after a 2 year relationship she finds it that easy to move on a forget about you....Is she really worth all this stress?

I hope things work out for you...keep your head up it gets better

Hi ades, welcome to enotalone.com.

Can you tell me why you two broke up? Does she still have feelings for you? And you said you wait till she calls, why don't you call her? Take some time to think about all this and re-write kthx.

take care

Jeff l. Spiegel

I am in a similar situation, my boyfriend broke up with me about 5 months ago. I thought i was over him, but now i find out he is dating other people and actually going to be a daddy with one of them. that was the hardest thing i had to deal with. Even thougt i didn't want to get back with him..its so hard knowing that he is moving on without me. We were together for 3 years....and its so hard..but i need to look toward the futures. I think you should not worry about her and what she is doing. You need to break all contact with her. Its going to be much harder if you see her and find out what she has been doing. Don't look back and move forward and i promise you that things will get better!!!!!

Hello ades,

I went thorough almost the same thing you did, my ex got with some girl (rebound) right away when we broke up and I was so torn up about it! The thing I did was kept myself busy and showed that he longer was my concern. He eventually got curious as to why I wasn't drowning in my tears for him and look who's crying now?!? Don't give up buddy, things will get better.

Hi ades, welcome to enotalone.com.

Can you tell me why you two broke up? Does she still have feelings for you? And you said you wait till she calls, why don't you call her? Take some time to think about all this and re-write kthx.

take care

Jeff l. Spiegel

Jeff,

We broke up the "first" time because she started seeing someone else. Although she initially calimed she broke up with me and THEN started seeing him, I know she had feelings for this guy while we were still together. That didn't last because I fought for her, I saw her as often as I could to show her I really loved her and eventually we got back together.

Problem was, after the whole incident it was never the same and I guess the "strain" just took its toll after I was so jealous/worried because it had happened before and so we broke up "for good".

I don't want to call her because I'm scared I'll get her while she's with someone or doing something while I'm doing nothing. I think she still has *some* feelings for me, but only those that may be around after a 2 yr relationship. I know she says it's not right for us to be back together and that if it is meant to happen "it will".

I I think you should not worry about her and what she is doing. You need to break all contact with her. Its going to be much harder if you see her and find out what she has been doing. Don't look back and move forward and i promise you that things will get better!!!!!

I know what you mean. I didn't see her for 2 weeks and it seemed to be OK, then we saw each other and now i'm a mess again. I guess I just miss her heaps and feel really lonely and that I'll never meet someone that I can get that close to, which is partly why I'm holding on - what if she is the only one for me?