ok well the girl i like asked me to a movie. naturally i accepted...duh! my question is, how do i know if it is an actual date like thing or just for fun. and what should i do in both cases. like if its a date like thing, should i hold her hand or something? i just need advice since the last time i went to the movies with a girl it came out horrible. thanks!

Does she give you other signs that she likes you? Does she laugh at all your jokes and stories? Does she touch you on the shoulder or arm? Does she smile at you a lot? Does she get more shy when you talk to her sometimes? Act a little nervous?

If she does any and/or all of the above PLUS she asked you to a movie -- she likes you. I don't know if I would go to hand holding yet. Just sit close to her at the movie (without being obnoxious) and watch if she stays near you. If she puts her hand near yours...then I'd take it.

Good luck!

Who cares whether or not its a real date. Just go, relax, have fun, and treat her like an equal. You being uncomfortable will in turn make her uncomfortable, so dont waste both of your times worrying about anything.

Enjoy the movie.

Even if it isn't a date, and you like her, make it one!

If you want to get a little close to her in the movies and try to get some signals, lean over and whisper things in her ear. Try judging her reponse.

Would you ask a girl to the movies who you were not keen on? She took the first step, and for that you're lucky. Make sure you take the next step. Leaving all the work up to her will ruin it for her. You're gonna have to make some moves!

well...i dunno if anyone will read this...but the movie went great. we talked a lot. a little bit before and a lot after. she got there first and payed for herself...but i bought her some popcorn. overall it went just as good as i hoped. i didn't really try to hold her hand or anything...i just "enjoyed the movie'. thanks for all of your help!

well...i dunno if anyone will read this...but the movie went great. we talked a lot. a little bit before and a lot after. she got there first and payed for herself...but i bought her some popcorn. overall it went just as good as i hoped. i didn't really try to hold her hand or anything...i just "enjoyed the movie'. thanks for all of your help!

So that's what happened! Glad you had a great time.