Minor Online "Interaction" Dilemma

1 hour ago, ShySoul said:

You were the one who slowed it down and said you would contact him. When he didn't here from you, maybe he was wondering why and was unsure what to do? Maybe he was questioning if you were interested or had forgotten him? Maybe he didn't want to disturb you if you weren't ready to talk so settled on a quick hello to open the conversation? Yes, it would have been more polite to ask about your health. But if I dropped everyone who didn't do things like that, I would be speaking to very few people in my life. 

Glad you did respond. Not responding to him would have been just as bad as anything he said.

Bolded, I think so too now that I've had a chance to think about it more.  

I'm so torn guys, our messages were low energy which I'm not used to when chatting online with random guys who reach out. 

He IS a very nice man, and certainly no pushover.  He's an engineer by trade, which explains his low-keyness from what I know about engineers; I'm generalizing of course!

He is semi-retired and works three days a week and is a real genuine cowboy after all, lol. :classic_laugh:

I owe him a message.  I did not hear from him today. 

I'm so torn, ugh!!

I just replied to his last message.  I really tried to engage him this time, higher energy. We'll see how (or if) he responds! 

He has a very calm and quiet nature, certainly A LOT different from other men I've talked too, he seems stable!  

Course who knows, right?  It's online.

I'll keep yall posted. 

You like to overthink things, don't you rainbows? 

If you're not feeling it, that's fine. Maybe he's just too low energy for you. Keep up the conversation if you like, just try to go with the flow and don't force anything that's not there.

And if you're looking for a cowboy, Texas isn't the only place to find them. Stagecoach is coming up. There might be one or two genuine articles in the crowd if you can make it. 😉

13 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

You like to overthink things, don't you rainbows? 

^Actually no, this is a very different and unusual experience for me. 

I'm just conflicted at the moment that's all. 

It happens sometimes when one isn't looking for anything or anyone but suddenly someone comes along and challenges that. 

Even with my recent ex, I wasn't looking but I was open to it. 

With Mr. Cowboy, my frame was I was not even open to anything happening, I was going to take some time for myself to heal.

So it's kinda thrown me for a loop.

I'll figure it out, thanks! 

1 hour ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I just replied to his last message.  Course who knows, right?  It's online

Exactly.🤠. Play this by ear for fun if you want, but it's not going anywhere except maybe inspiring your imagination about what else is out there for you while in the throes of divorce and recently ending a short term rebound all sort of back-to-back. 

• Thanks 1