Boss Showering - Executive position/ 20% raise

My CEO is moving me from manager to Executive position and he fired the person who was already on that executive position. He gave me super raise and demanded to me work right under him and be his right wing! 

I am just so scared as female and feel like running away… i dont know why… He keeps telling me to take deep breath and that hes taking me to territory that i never seen before … Why i am so scared and overwhelmed?

He just wants me for that role!!!

18 minutes ago, lonely_spirit said:

My CEO is moving me from manager to Executive position and  He gave me super raise 

Congratulation. Enjoy your new position and raise. It's unclear what you are skeptical of. Is this the same man?

What do you feel is the root of your anxiety? Is it simply the new position and responsibilites? If so, relax. You were selected because you are qualified and earned it. You can handle whatever is thrown at you. You also don't need to be perfect in the role, you'll learn as you go and as long as you put in the effort, I'm sure you will be fine.

Do you think there is more to these feelings though? Do you have a history with this boss? Has he done or said anything specific that would make you uncomfortable? You said you were scared as a female. Have you had a bad experience with a different co-worker, or a male in general, that is making you nervous about having to work closely with a male? It doesn't even have to be you. Maybe you have a friend who something happened to? Maybe looking at your past could help figure out why you feel this way.

Regardless, know you are strong and can handle this. You can excel at the position. And if you ever feel anything is inappropriate, don't hesitate to put a stop to it.