Angry wife

I am married to my wife for 5 years. She gets angry often. We had a child 2 years ago. After that her anger had increased a lot. She is also not interested in having sexual relationships with me. I am confused on how to deal with this relationship. What shall I do?

15 minutes ago, sman87 said:

I am married to my wife for 5 years. . We had a child 2 years ago. After that her anger had increased a lot. She is also not interested in having sexual relationships with me.

Sorry this is happening. Are you both working? Are you both contributing to household and childcare responsibilities? 

How is your relationship overall? Do you still have adult alone time such as date nights, getting a babysitter, going away weekends? Do you have friends and family nearby for help and support?

Does your wife suffer from stress, mental health issues or postpartum depression?  What exactly is she angry about? 

Please enlist the help of a marriage counselor for support and advice trying to adjust to marriage and parenthood as well as better communication and rekindling romance. 

• Like 1

How long have you been together in total? Was this the norm prior? Some men can be distant during their wives pregnancy ie not touching or engaging  sexually during those hard 9 months. If that's the case for you that could easily  have brought a lot of pain to her and in turn caused her to distance herself in order to feel "less hurt". Her anger could be resentment, stress, overworked or simply not having date times with you. If all you do is work, chores and take care of children it will make her feel like nothing more then a housekeeper and babysitter  which of course doesn't make you feel sexy enough to want to engage I'm anything sexy

11 hours ago, sman87 said:

I am married to my wife for 5 years. She gets angry often. We had a child 2 years ago. After that her anger had increased a lot. She is also not interested in having sexual relationships with me. I am confused on how to deal with this relationship. What shall I do?

What do you do daily as a parent to the 2 year old?

12 hours ago, sman87 said:

I am married to my wife for 5 years. She gets angry often. 

Yeah, welcome to the marriage pal. 

Jokes aside, there is simply limited information from your side. Constant aeguing and her getting angry indicates a problems, and not having sex indicates that she just doesnt want to do that probably because she gesžts angry with you and simply doesnt want sex. You both should try marriage counseling. Maybe you untagngle some of the problems in your marriage there and try to work it on of you can. If you cant, well, sorry to say, separation is an option. 

• Like 2

Well, you're leaving it up to a bunch of strangers to figure out why your wife is angry. That makes no sense, because you're the one with all the info--and you've given us none of it.

So if someone were to offer you a million dollars to tell us the reasons YOU believe she is angry, how much of that money could you win?

If you claim to have no idea, then it's likely that her biggest source of anger comes from the fact that you don't listen to her.

• Like 2
On 12/27/2023 at 8:16 PM, sman87 said:

The biggest problem associated with my social withdrawal is that whenever I am near people I don't get anything in my mind to talk to them. . I have a voice with a very low loudness and I suspect I have some listening problems. 

If you are withdrawing from your wife she may feel shut out. Have you addressed your shyness and reticence? 

Please consider marriage therapy rather than divorcing if you would like to remain a family. Since you're not having sex a vasectomy is unnecessary. 

• Like 2