BF cant think of overarching traits that he likes about me, only certain in the

lalaland

My mom asked my BF (M42) what he likes about me (F29) and he said he likes that I found a career I enjoy, that I work hard in gradschool, and that we like the same tv shows and if we dont like the same things we get into each others likes.
I told him I was disappointed in this answer and he says his brain doesn't work that way. That he can't think of big picture traits to describe people and this happens with everyone, exes and coworkers too. He said he can think of things I do like a specific way I cuddle, say things to him, the way I scare him sometimes when I jump up behind him when I come out of the bathroom, etc but not overarching traits. I know not everyone's mind works the same, he def has a different mind (which is cool), but was he Bull shting me? Should I think about dumping him?

2 minutes ago, lalaland said:

My mom asked my BF (M42) what he likes about me (F29) I told him I was disappointed in this answer 

How long have you been dating? Do you live with your mother? Why would she ask him this?  How is your relationship in general? What would have been the desired answer? 

I don't understand why your mom asked him this question and then reported his answer to you.  Things get lost in translation.  If you want to know what he likes about you, it's up to you to communicate about this with him.  

Are you having troubles in your relationship?  Do you feel like he doesn't really like you much?

• Like 2

I almost feel like you getting your mom involved, and now posting this to a bunch of strangers and asking whether you should think about dumping him, are pointing to you actually WANTING to dump him.

You don't need outside people and concrete reasons.  If you are not feeling it, you are not required to stay in any relationship.

• Like 1