he say he need time

So me and my boyfriend been together for about 1 year. We spend every weekend together Saturday night I was going home because he wasn't giving me any attention he had his back turn to me on his phone the whole time. So he got upset and said he don't want a person that's gone run from the situation. He told me that he need some time to think about if he ant to be with me. So I respected his decision but, he want to still talk every day he say we still friends.  I feel like its a easy way for him to break up with me. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Give him all the time and space he wants and needs.  Don't bother him.  Refrain from contacting him in any capacity.  Meanwhile,  this is your time to think long and hard.  Do you want to be with the type of man who prefers to have his nose in his phone instead of giving you attention?  It's maddening.  He is selfish,  rude,  disrespectful and inconsiderate of you.  His phone should be his girlfriend instead of you since they're more compatible. 

Being friends is awkward.   Do you want a boyfriend or a friend?  You decide.  It's your choice.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, LadyBugg said:

. We spend every weekend together Saturday night I was going home because he wasn't giving me any attention he had his back turn to me on his phone the whole time. 

Sorry this happened. You did the right thing leaving if he was being rude. Unfortunately it seems like he got complacent and was just coasting along.

Step back. Don't text him.  Don't fall into the same boring rut. Tell him you need space, then peacefully reflect if this relationship has run it's course.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, LadyBugg said:

Saturday night I was going home because he wasn't giving me any attention he had his back turn to me on his phone the whole time. So he got upset and said he don't want a person that's gone run from the situation. He told me that he need some time to think about if he ant to be with me.

I see red flags...

Look at what he said to you , ( He doesn't want a person who runs from a situation), I see YOUR response, as to feeling neglected - which was up to HIM to correct. ( Does he do this a lot?).

He said he needs some time to think if he wants to be with you - Yah, I see as an easy cop out 😕 .

Then you leave him be.  As I see it, he's weak.  Leave him to his secrets.

I also suggest you just stop dealing with him, totally!  Tell him you're gonna leave him to figure his stuff out.  And, say you want nothing more until/ unless it is you and this relationship he DOES want!  No games.