Twin Troubles

3 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Unfortunately it seems like enrolling in school is what is holding you up financially and otherwise.

This is true. But its only a years course and has always been my dream. I'd applied twice and never got in. Put my life on hold for a while to care for an elderly relative and then covid happened so I decided to actually pick up my dreams again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andrina said:

So aren't these two quotes very telling that what he finds the most satisfying is spending time with his friends and brother, since he does so about 4 nights per week, since you say he also hangs with them on the weekend? There are 7 days in a week, so that's the majority of the week. The norm is for couples to be with each other in after work hours the majority of the week, with no more than a day or two spent elsewhere.

My husband and I spend time with other couples, and have also had group get togethers. Do none of his friends have girlfriends for double dating? Are there no group get-togethers with both men and women? 

So he feels isolated and bored with just you? You're sugarcoating it with the words "in the new city." He doesn't know how to enjoy your company, besides, I'm assuming, being intimate with you.

If we goes out with his friends on the weekend I am usually invited. I join them unless I'm busy or tired.

One of his not very close friends is engaged and one close one recently got his first girlfriend at 30. The others (there's a core group of 6 of them) are all single.

Interestingly ive heard the brother say about the one who now has a girlfriend "you should check with him first in case he has plans to hang out with her"

Which isn't a courtesy we get.

• Like 1