Keeping photos of high school love okay

1 hour ago, Rose222 said:

Yes, he said it was his first love, his first sexual experience... They did lots of crazy stuff as teenagers as they were exploring and each other's first, and were together for over a year but he broke up with her because of the distance towards the end of senior year. He thought they were going to go to college together but the distance was just a bit too much to handle as the commute got longer.

That's quite a lot of information and to be honest I shared that sort of information when I was in my teens and 20s - and info like that was shared with me.  You think that if she lived closer he'd still want her so you're worried about him keeping the photos, right?

On 1/12/2023 at 12:23 AM, Rose222 said:

Do you think it's appropriate for someone to keep pictures of high school prom with your first love years down the line if you are now engaged to someone else? 🙂

How old is he? Has he been in relationships since? If you are officially engaged or live together, you'll need some premarital counseling if something like an old prom pic is causing an issue. It seems more like you're not that secure or comfortable in the relationship.

7 hours ago, Rose222 said:

Yes, he said it was his first love, his first sexual experience... They did lots of crazy stuff as teenagers as they were exploring and each other's first, and were together for over a year but he broke up with her because of the distance towards the end of senior year. He thought they were going to go to college together but the distance was just a bit too much to handle as the commute got longer.

Okay, so he chose to break up with her rather than invest in loving her from afar. So what's so intimidating about that?

She was part of his development, and that growth got him to where he is today--capable of walking away from her. Capable of choosing YOU.

• Like 1